Medina, Ohio, United States
Plant MRO BuyerJob ID 53912
The Plant MRO Buyer is responsible for creating value and mitigating risk within the strategies of the business through effective sourcing and efficient purchasing of indirect goods and services (Maintenance, Repairs and Operations) in support of the Owens Corning plant.
This position is accountable for the execution of processes to ensure the purchasing and sourcing function is meeting all plant operational requirements, sustaining Sarbanes Oxley compliance and functioning in accordance with plant and corporate policies and procedures. This position will focus on driving sourcing value creation initiatives, risk mitigation projects and leading corporate sourcing directives.
- Live the safety standard and adhere to safety responsibilities
- Ensure a safety focus in all sourcing processes and build a culture where safety is first priority
- Implement all activities in a safe manner and manage through a focus on safety
- Implements and manages purchasing procedures and processes to ensure the plant receives the right materials in the right quantity at the right time
- Executes purchasing transactions efficiently and consistently with OC sourcing policies, standards, operating procedures and financial controls consistent with sourcing policies and financial controls
- Maintain accurate purchasing data in SAP, ensure data quality and integrity of vendor and material data
- Work with suppliers, commodity leaders, and plant leadership to ensure supply quality expectations are met
- Manage local inventory consignment agreements through inventory reconciliation
- Resolve all open accounts payable issues as they occur
- Participate and /or lead cross functional teams on sourcing related initiatives
- Establish and maintain productive supplier relationships and performance management – including measurement and improvement of supplier performance
- Stakeholder engagement; become the “sourcing advisor” to plant leadership
- Negotiate plant MRO spend and manage plant purchasing orders and contracts accurately
- Drive and manage the competitive bidding processes (per OC Global Sourcing standards)
- Drive sourcing value creation initiatives at plant level; continuously improve total costs by identifying and acting to capture cost reduction opportunities and/or risk mitigation without jeopardizing security of supply
- Collaborate with other Owens Corning Buyers across all businesses and the network, to identify regional value creation initiatives
- Lead initiatives to improve working capital (terms improvement)
- Implement local consignment agreements as appropriate/needed
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Prefer purchasing/sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment; (or relevant experience)
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications; SAP experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of and ability to work within Sarbanes Oxley control; experience preferred
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.