Mt. Vernon, Ohio, United States
Shuttle DriverJob ID 54394
Owens Corning is a Company with an unwavering commitment to delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. It's who we are. It's why we are here. We do it by fully engaging our employees in support of growing our customer's businesses. And when we do, we grow ours as well. In addition to the building materials that go into homes and commercial structures, Owens Corning makes products that add performance and value to built-up roofs, paved surfaces, recreational vehicles, trailers and many more business and industrial applications.
The Mt. Vernon plant is a new plant start-up and part of the Insulation Systems Business manufacturing ProPink, unbonded loose fill. It has approximately 40 employees, operates 24/7 and started up in July 2006.The plant’s products are sold into the US residential insulation market.
Job Function: Responsible for functional leadership and daily operation of Product Movement from the Mt Vernon Plant to the Warehouse located off site.Candidates work in a team-based, self-managed operation with high levels of team interaction to effectively solve problems, perform production level maintenance, and utilize electronic driven production systems.
- Operate Shuttle Truck and conform to all applicable laws and regulations
- Complete all daily vehichile inspections and drivers logs
- Manage general upkeep of the shuttle truck including scheduling PM’s and repairs
- Must be trained and capable of operating a clap truck and forklift
- Assist in loading and unloading trailers when needed
- Spot and check all trailers placed into loading docks for safety compliance.
- Complete and pass a annual DOT physical
- Position is subject to random DOT drug test
- Perform data entry and monitoring in the plant SAP system
- Work with plant leadership team to communicate issues and/or enhancements
- Regularly inspect the work area to ensure all safety policies and practices are followed and a high degree of industrial housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Drive cultural change and initiatives which emphasize safety, communication, co-operation, development, teamwork, environmental compliance, quality, productivity and waste elimination.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Ensure production schedules are adhered to in order to meet shipping and sales commitments.
- Perform routine maintenance on Shuttle truck and other warehouse equipment as needed
- Protect physical assets of the plant and maintain company standards of environmental control.
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to increase the plant’s performance
- Respond to internal and external customers in a professional manner and adhere to the Owens Corning Business Conduct standards
- Actively participate on the plant emergency response team (ERT)
- Participate in and completes special projects as assigned
- Ensure compliance with respiratory protection policy
- Support the diversity team and initiatives
Required competencies and skills:
- Safety Awareness and Proactiveness
- State of Ohio CDL class A license
- Building Trust / Operating with Integrity
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Gaining Commitment
- Work Standards / Quality
- Managing Work (includes time management)
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Contributing To Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Quality Knowledge
- Technology and Equipment Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Efficiency Knowledge
- Applied Business Knowledge
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
1-3 years Truck driving experience
Required Travel: 1-5% travel may be required
Reports to: Plant Leader
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.