Medina, Ohio, United States
Utility 1 ProbationJob ID 54702
Performs the Utility, Auto Catcher and Palletizer tasks, and performs any team task on an as needed basis under the direction and authority of the Front Line Leader (FLL).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualifies on all tasks on a progressive basis and rotates between task areas and performs duties on an as needed basis in any task.
- Performs all quality checks/tests on time.
- Off loads conveyor of seconds and rewraps, stacks seconds and add in rewraps.
- Performs common labor and janitorial tasks (including, but not limited to, general sweeping, clean-up work, etc.).
- Performs support labor for front end operations (including, but not limited to, feed rewraps back onto the conveyor, etc.).
- Assists in repairing all line breaks (heavy tails) and adjusts equipment for product.
- Pulls all splices from the bundles.
- Visually inspects bundles and/or shingles, sets aside rejects, and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the Front Line Leader.
Performs Palletizer & Packaging duties:
- Operates and adjusts Palletizer and conveyors (including, but not limited to, start, stop, clearing of jams, etc.).
- Helps perform preventative maintenance to Palletizer (including, but not limited to, tighten bolts, clean conveyor rollers, etc.).
- Visually inspect pallets and sets aside as needed.
- Transports pallets to the Palletizer.
- Loads pallets into the Palletizer.
- Operate Banding and Heat Sealing Equipment.
- Assists the lift truck operator with the count and notifies the coater operator before the next color change.
Performs Auto Catcher duties:
- Helps clear all box jams.
- Assists Auto Catcher attendant in adjusting the machine.
- Performs any team task on an as needed basis.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the job as directed by the Front Line Leader or Assistant Foreman.
- Transports all product from the Palletizer to the proper storage area.
- Transports rewraps to the add-in area.
- Effectively read measuring and testing equipment.
- Able to learn and certify on tow motor.
- Color acuity.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order.
- Forklift Certification.
- Identifies first quality vs. second quality raw materials and finished product.
- Good communication skills.
- Work independently maintaining a fast, yet safe, pace of operation.
- Adaptable to change.
- Follows the Lock/Tag/Try (LTT) procedures at all times.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information.
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish online training routinely.
- Enters downtime/slowtime data into the IM computer.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Walk/stand on concrete floor continuously for up to 12 hours.
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders up to 25 feet.
- Safeguard self with Personal protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to/Dept: Frontline Leader (Supervisor)
Shift: Must be willing to work 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, including weekends
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.