Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Operations LeaderJob ID 54413
The Operations Leader is expected to lead with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years and consistently deliver results to achieve that view, lead with a decision-making approach that models and teaches the proper inclusion of analytics, team ideas and individual experiences, communicate in a way that positively shapes customer, team member and community action, and build the OC talent pipeline by growing all team members and recruiting the best of the best. This position will be a key member of the Memphis TPM Leadership team and will be the AM Pillar Leader.
Reports to: Site Leader
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for:
- Effectively communicating Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure front line leaders and employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning. The leader is a key advocate for the EHS TPM Pillar Team.
Knowing our Customers
- Understanding and communicating customer expectations throughout the Operations Department, and ensuring that all products meet customer specifications, standards and requirements. Our customers rely on our facility to make the best in class product that the can rely on day in and day out.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production to schedules in order to meet or exceed delivery to promise
- Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed to product specifications and quality metrics are met to meet customers’ needs
- Involvement in Focus Improvement and Quality Management TPM Pillar Teams.
Executing Strategy and Directing Operations
- Determining organizational objectives and priorities in support of the Plant’s strategy and vision, and for developing teams to deliver results in support of these objectives and priorities; leaving daily tactical direction to Production Supervision/Lead Persons.
- Leading a lean culture environment through six sigma processes and TPM methodologies
- Assigning and coordinating the work in a manufacturing department to include supervising first line leaders and analyze productivity performance
- Preparing budgets relative to capital expenditures, manpower, production, and space forecasting
- Facilitating process improvements through people deployment, productivity enhancements, high performance work teams and being a model for change
- Developing and leading strategic business plans; accountable for delivering plant performance metrics
Leading and Developing Talent
- Investing in the growth and development of individuals identified as high potential talent
- Establishing clear and measurable expectations of performance and review commitments to ensure goals are achieved; completing first line leader performance appraisals and coaching employees to develop and execute growth and development plans
- Creating, monitoring and enforcing plant policies in a consistent manner to ensure a positive labor environment
- Actively leading and building effective work teams and committees to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- 3-5 years progressive leadership experience in manufacturing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business or Engineering preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- TPM experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading people, problem solving methods, and developing talent to deliver results.
- Proven experience using analytics to drive decisions
- Prior experience in a union environment
- Experience with manufacturing process monitoring software
- Demonstrated capability in change management
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and hourly employees
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification is preferred
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.