Mt. Vernon, Ohio, United States
Packaging OperatorJob ID 53353
Job Function: Responsible for functional leadership and daily operation of the Packaging area of the Mt. Vernon Plant.Candidates work in a team-based, self-managed operation with high levels of team interaction to effectively solve problems, perform production level maintenance, and utilize electronic driven production systems.
- Oversee and operate packaging equipment to ensure that all area specific functions conform to process and procedure specifications
- Complete all finished product quality control checks and assist with hold tag resolution
- Perform data entry and monitoring of the plant OmniMac and Onspec systems
- Place bags on bagger equipment snouts ensuring proper packaging of finished goods material
- Program and troubleshoot material handling robot to ensure proper functioning
- Spot and dock lock out-bound trailers and line load finished goods into trailers
- Operate Clamp and or Fork lift to load and unload Trucks & Trailers
- Ensure proper bag labeling and placement
- Maintain the inkjet label printer
- Lead and complete the bill of lading process and assist with goods receipt process.
- Work with plant leadership team and division support teams to communicate issues and/or enhancements
- Regularly inspect the work area to ensure all safety policies and practices are followed and a high degree of industrial housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Drive cultural change and initiatives which emphasize safety, communication, co-operation, development, teamwork, environmental compliance, quality, productivity and waste elimination.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Ensure production schedules are adhered to in order to meet shipping and sales commitments.
- Perform routine maintenance of plant equipment
- Protect physical assets of the plant and maintain company standards of environmental control.
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to increase the plant’s performance
- Respond to internal and external customers in a professional manner and adhere to the Owens Corning Business Conduct standards
- Actively participate on the plant emergency response team (ERT)
- Participate in and completes special projects as assigned
- Ensure compliance with respiratory protection policy
- Support the diversity team and initiatives
Required competencies and skills:
- Safety Awareness and Proactiveness
- Must be able to perform all job duties independently
- Building Trust / Operating with Integrity
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Gaining Commitment
- Work Standards / Quality
- Managing Work (includes time management)
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Contributing To Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Quality Knowledge
- Technology and Equipment Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Efficiency Knowledge
- Applied Business Knowledge
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.