Mt. Vernon, Ohio, United States
Packaging OperatorJob ID 53353
Job Function: Responsible for functional leadership and daily operation of the Packaging area of the Mt. Vernon Plant.Candidates work in a team-based, self-managed operation with high levels of team interaction to effectively solve problems, perform production level maintenance, and utilize electronic driven production systems.
- Oversee and operate packaging equipment to ensure that all area specific functions conform to process and procedure specifications
- Complete all finished product quality control checks and assist with hold tag resolution
- Perform data entry and monitoring of the plant OmniMac and Onspec systems
- Place bags on bagger equipment snouts ensuring proper packaging of finished goods material
- Program and troubleshoot material handling robot to ensure proper functioning
- Spot and dock lock out-bound trailers and line load finished goods into trailers
- Operate Clamp and or Fork lift to load and unload Trucks & Trailers
- Ensure proper bag labeling and placement
- Maintain the inkjet label printer
- Lead and complete the bill of lading process and assist with goods receipt process.
- Work with plant leadership team and division support teams to communicate issues and/or enhancements
- Regularly inspect the work area to ensure all safety policies and practices are followed and a high degree of industrial housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Drive cultural change and initiatives which emphasize safety, communication, co-operation, development, teamwork, environmental compliance, quality, productivity and waste elimination.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Ensure production schedules are adhered to in order to meet shipping and sales commitments.
- Perform routine maintenance of plant equipment
- Protect physical assets of the plant and maintain company standards of environmental control.
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to increase the plant’s performance
- Respond to internal and external customers in a professional manner and adhere to the Owens Corning Business Conduct standards
- Actively participate on the plant emergency response team (ERT)
- Participate in and completes special projects as assigned
- Ensure compliance with respiratory protection policy
- Support the diversity team and initiatives
Required competencies and skills:
- Safety Awareness and Proactiveness
- Must be able to perform all job duties independently
- Building Trust / Operating with Integrity
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Gaining Commitment
- Work Standards / Quality
- Managing Work (includes time management)
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Contributing To Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Quality Knowledge
- Technology and Equipment Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Efficiency Knowledge
- Applied Business Knowledge
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred