Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Environment & Safety SpecialistJob ID 54534
- To advice the concerned departments in planning and organizing measures necessary for the effective control of personal / employment injuries.
- To carry out plant safety inspections in order to observe the physical condition of work, work practices and procedures followed by employees' and to render advice on measures to be adopted to remove the unsafe conditions and to prevent unsafe actions.
- Responsible to obtain consents (establish and operate) from Pollution Control Committee and other NOCs / clearances / licenses from Explosives Department & Fire Department
- To conduct / organize Safety Committee Meeting periodically and Ensure execution of the activities discussed in the safety committee meet on the target date
- Develop & contribute to Health & Safety associated strategies, management plans and safety manuals, SOPs. Advice, plan, organize & manage safety programs while developing & enforcing various EHS schemes, safety promotional activities & procedures.
- Prepare and implementation of Job Safety Analysis / Work Evaluation Sheets
- To prepare monthly reports for HSE.
- Develop and implement corporate driven programs for LOTO modules, Machine Guarding, Vehicle Safety, Confined Space, Working at Heights & Fork trucks.
- To Investigate Near Miss Incident & Accident & to check and evaluate the effectiveness of action taken or proposed to be taken to prevent personal injuries.
- To conduct/organize Fire Fighting Training, Safety Refresher Training on various subjects & Safety motivational activity to improve safety awareness among employees & make the workplace Safest in all sense.
- To Lead Mock-Drills at regular intervals to test On-Site Emergency Plan and updating it as per the recommendations mentioned in the Mock-Drill Report.
- Ensure PPEs availability at Plant site and compliance to Safety Rules and Regulations.
- To conduct Safety Induction & Orientation Program for all new joinees i.e. Hand Safety, Forklift Safety, Contractual Safety.
- Coordinating with the required authority for Safety Compliances as per Factories Act.
- To organize safety promotional activities like contests, competitions, etc. which will develop and maintain the interest of the workers in establishing the safe conditions of work and procedures.
- To bring down first aid, recordable and lost time incidents to Zero.
- To improve safety awareness among employees by regular safety related programs / initiatives.
To make the Workplace Safest in all sense by topping in survey reports / gaining internal - external HSE awards
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to lead and drive safety culture in organization.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Power Point Presentation.
- Candidate must be able to present themselves well across the organization.
- Efficient communication and writing skills including preparing MIS.
- Proficiency in Spoken English
- Knowledge of MS Office, Power Point Presentation,
- Relevant Experience in Engineering / Manufacturing Company
- A Safety Trainer
- Contract Labour Safety Aspects & enforcement
- Legal Compliances
- Exposure to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Implementation
- Self-Initiator / Starter
- Understanding on HSE & legal bindings
- Communication & Inter-personal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Lead Auditor