Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Finance SupervisorJob ID 54803
Reporting and Analysis:
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own a financial forecast analysis model for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow that provides an accurate forecast of the business
- Monitors the business’ monthly closing process in conjunction with Accounting Team
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations
- Understand the business SG&A base and ensure plans and forecasts are met
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own an integrated and consolidated Balance Sheet model, Global File, and Customer Profitability tool via the Business Information tool
- Produces timely and insightful analysis related to operational expenses (SG&A, Period )
- Business Planning
- Support Annual Operations and Strategic planning processes for CSB & Insulation.
- Collaborate with Peers and Other Functions in developing actionable, accountable and resilient segment strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in analysis of external and execution risks and their potential impact on the strategy and business results
- Prepare and submit all financial reports required by Region/Global from time to time
- Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Finance Team for understanding and analysis of Costing related initiatives
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to support plant, division or corporate objectives
- Shares best practices across division, i.e, process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes.
- Provides support to team members at plant, segment and corporate level
- 3+ years’ experience in a wide range of economic conditions, US MNC with Manufacturing plants in India
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles—understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Knowledge of working in SAP environment
- Good MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the development of strategic plans
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles; understanding of P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business and product profitability decisions
- Distill multiple points of view and inputs to form points of view and near and long-term actions
- Has a broad operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across cultures and environments
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Enjoys keeping score to know whether the business group is winning
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Gets others to open, offer information, and share points of view
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning
- Owns misses and learns from failure
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.