Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Finance Team LeaderJob ID 53552
The Accounting Leader provides Accounting leadership for Composites, Insulation & Roofing businesses. Supports organization financial objectives by developing and implementing systems for collecting, verifying/reviewing, analyzing and reporting financial information. This position reports to the India Finance Leader with strong accountability for driving results within the mainline & downstream businesses .
Reports to: This position reports directly to the India Finance Leader.
Systems & Organisation
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining productivity, quality, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, implementing change.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility financial results and shareholder value is optimized.
Accounting Processes & Statutory Compliance
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the external/internal/tax auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and Fixed Assets and others
- Maintains accounting controls and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Monitors the plant’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team
Financial Controls & Reporting
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including, data integrity, segregation of duties, statutory reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Drives a robust representation letter process that provides assurance and visibility to a sound internal control environment.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses, consolidation and evaluation of financial data, reviewing reports as required.
- Surmounts legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, recommending new procedures.
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives
- Shares best practices across division, i.e, process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results
- Provides support to team members at plant, segment and corporate level
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
Leading and Developing Talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance
- Invests in the growth and development of their direct reports and other identified talent in their organization.
- CA must and CMA/CS would be a desirable add-on qualification.
- 7+ years experience in a US MNC (manufacturing Co.)
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles—understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Strong accounting knowledge to lead the accounting function
- Strong communication skill (written and verbal) to have effective interaction with regional and global team as well external parties including auditors etc.
- Knowledge of working in SAP environment
- Good MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s)—leading operations planning, savings, forecasting and investment analysis
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent—growing talent and succession planning.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs—effectively develops business cases and enroll leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and uses this knowledge to drive customer and product profitability decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level - has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner and shows good judgment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.