Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Leader - Taxation (India & Singapore)Job ID 59414
The Taxation Leader will be responsible for both Direct & Indirect Tax matters, including compliance, planning, restructuring , international taxation, transaction analysis and due diligence. The Tax Leader will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. Would be responsible for Optimizing Direct and Indirect cost by tax planning, risk taking and compliance. Will need to work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. This position reports to the India Finance Leader with strong accountability for driving results within the mainline & downstream businesses .
Reports to: This position reports directly to the India Finance Leader and dotted line to Asia tax leader
- Manage implementation of tax planning projects and the integration of the same into company's tax operations process
- Ensure the effective management of the organizations tax liabilities and ascertain that the organizations finances are accurately reported and taxes optimized
- Monitor company's transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Liaise with companies within the group on tax matters related to integrated transactions
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact company's tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Manage External tax consultants and advisors
- Ultimate repository of key tax facts as regards both Indirect and Direct Taxes
- Act as the key facilitator for integrated tax management, risk assessment, and leveraging on tax opportunities
- Lead compliance of the company as a whole with all direct and indirect tax laws so as to ensure risk free environment for the business. Lead US GAAP tax accounting by conducting quarterly and year end tax package, return vs. provision and prepare and review quarterly reconciliation for tax related GLs, etc.
- Own Compliance audits and drive the compliance culture
- Responsible for compilation of all relevant information for the applicable audits and liaise with the auditors as necessary
- Management of litigation at various forums as regards the fiscal laws and in liaison with external counsels at all appellate forums such as Tribunals.
- Lead all tax audit and transfer pricing audit activities
- Responsible for filings of Income Tax, Representative Assessee, GST Returns including all related analysis and support.
- Ensuring Nil losses on account of Risks associated with GST Input Tax Credits because of Vendor Defaults
- Responsible for accounting of Taxes as per USGAAP & I GAAP
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all tax transactions
- Ensure registration and renewals required under various direct and indirect tax enactments
Tax Controls & Reporting
- Maintain and manage SOX policies and procedures, structuring transactions, divestitures and other special projects
- Interaction with Income Tax, GST, CST/VAT authorities on Statutory clearances and resolving contentious issues.
- Ensuring all relevant and legitimate information as required by assessing officers under various Statutory Authorities is provided on a timely basis
- To lead on appeals against the tax assessments on direct and indirect taxes. Prepare the arguments to be presented and attend the hearings
Develop and maintain standard relationship with governmental authorities involved in administration of tax laws without compromising performance with integrity.
- Implementation of various tax related accounting standards having an implication on the business.
- Liaise with Regional/Corporate Tax Leaders in the areas of direct and indirect taxation and ensure standardization of taxation practices
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting relevent Tax laws, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Conduct extensive communication with company leadership across business functions (Accounting, Legal, Treasury,Supply Chain, Financial Planning, Operations)
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations.
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve corporate objectives
- Shares best practices across division, i.e, process improvements, restructuring and procedures changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
Leading and Developing Talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on basic Taxation principles
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in the organization.
- CA. CS would be a desirable add-on qualification.
- 10+ years experience in a wide range of economic and tax environments
- SAP based ERP environment working knowledge
- Good MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s) – leading effective tax compliance, planning and implementation, investment analysis, US company experience would be a plus
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent—growing talent and succession planning.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of Direct/Indirect tax concepts applicable to domestic and international operations
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level - has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner and shows good judgment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.