Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sr Area Sales ManagerJob ID 54182
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Each of its three main business lines contribute approximately one-third to overall revenue, and the company is poised for growth in the immediate future, both through organic and inorganic means. Based in Ohio, OC posted 2018 sales of US$7.1 billion and employs approximately 20,000 people in 33 countries. Founded in 1938, OC has been listed as a Fortune 500® company for more than 64 consecutive years.
OC established its presence in India in 1998 across Roofing, Composites and Insulation materials. Over the years the company has set up state of the art manufacturing facilities at Taloja (near Mumbai) and Silvassa. With over US$250 million in revenue across the three business units, the company has also recently invested US$150 million in the country, largely at Taloja site to double the production capacity and become a global supplier of composite materials. In terms of three BUs – Composite is the main business catering to domestic markets, Roofing is mostly focused on exports, and Insulation although a small business but constitutes a strategically critical part of the product portfolio for the company in India.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for maintaining & developing relationships with existing and new customers in order to grow and improve business results.
Explore Sales Opportunities
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Visiting potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Promote developed products to potential customers.
- Gathering market and customer information and providing feedback on future buying trends.
- Representing your organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Responsible for sales (PVM – Price Volume, Mix & Collections) customers
- Execute commercial strategy in respective region (KAM – Key Accounts Manager)
- Execute CVC – Customer Value Creation initiatives in the region for all customers & distributors
- Accurate forecasting of demand in respective region
- Manage relationships with all customers across functions
- Track and report competitive intelligence in the region
- Quotation handling.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office.
- Checking quantities of goods on display and in stock.
- Negotiating variations in price, delivery and specifications with various stakeholders
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, against targets as you gain experience.
- Customer satisfaction measurement.
- B.E. / B.Tech (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- 6 ~ 10 years of Industry Experience in,
- Material Science/ Chemical / Engineering companies
- Design/ Engineering Consultants in Infrastructure sectors (Oil & Gas, Roads, Power)
- Specialty materials organizations
- Experience in Sales & Marketing will be preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Communication – Verbal & Written
- Self Starter
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- The ability and desire to sell.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A confident and determined approach.
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment.
- Fluency in a Local language is must.