Taloja District, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India
Sr Logistics SpecialistJob ID 53944
Logistic Manager is responsible overall Warehouse management ensuring Safety and practicing TPM. The crucial success criteria for this role transit seamlessly from current state to future state as per outlined norms. Taloja is multiproduct Closely work with internal & external stakeholders to meet customer expectation, leverage company best practices towards eliminating waste, serving customers, growing and developing our people.
Location: Taloja Plant India.
Reporting: The position reports to India – Logistic Leader.
1. EHS (Environment, Health & Safety)
• Ware house & Transport safety
• Forklift safety
2. Logistic Planning
• Strategically and effectively plan and manage logistics, warehouse and transportation on day to day basis • Negotiate third party contracts and rates along with sourcing team • Plan and prioritize shipments based as per company’s segmentation guidelines • Develop and manage logistics KPIs • Design, assess, and implement new strategies and initiatives • Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes 3. Warehousing
Position: Logistic Manager (6A)
Location: Taloja Plant
Owens-Corning (India) Private Limited
• Track review and analyze budgets, expenditures and operations, shipments • Assist logistics coordinator, warehouse specialists, and other team members when needed to meet schedule. • Develop and document standard operating procedures • Analyze financial impact of logistics changes, routing, shipping modes, etc. • Provide leadership to help team develop skills and meet goals • Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency • Plan routes and process shipment effectively to ensure timely delivery and optimize delivery cost. • Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets, Freight optimization • Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements • Automation in logistic to enhance productivity and reduce turnaround time • communicate with Sales, Finance, and Warehouse team to resolve order related issues such as lack of stock, credit hold etc. • Communicate with CS team, freight forwarder and relevant people to meet their demand • Ensure timely stock taking as per guidelines laid by Owens corning Policy. • Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirement • Capability to operate 24x7 on three shifts with multiple external warehouses • Focused management Of working capital- maintaining optimal inventory, control Slow moving and obsolete Inventory- meeting quarterly and Annual Business targets • Ensure clean documentation with 100 percent invoice and documentation accuracy • Ensure FIFO management at all times • Manage Exports - liasing with liners, Freight forwarders- ensuring customer indicated ETF and ETAs - ensure 100 percent accurate and timely export documentation
4. People • Coach & develop People • Very good on interpersonal skill • Team player /Team leader
Qualification: He /She must be Graduate from recognized University and must possess MBA – Supply Chain Management OR Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management from repute institute
Experience: Possess 12 to 15 years relevant experience in warehouse management, in company of repute.
Technical Skills: • Proficient in ERP system – knowledge of SAP (SD module) is MUST. • Knowledge of import /export
• Knowledge of GST
• Custom process
• Knowledge of export incentives
• Liason with DGFT (Director general of Foreign Trade) – Not essential, but desirable
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
• Strong Intellect - Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously
• Highly Ethical - Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, enjoys working hands-on and with others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
• Analysis and decision-making attitude.
• Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent way without a personal agenda.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Flexibility & Adaptability
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• High Stress Tolerance