Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Regional Quality & Focused Improvement (FI) LeaderJob ID 53640
Regional Quality & Focused Improvement (FI) Leader
Job Title: Regional Quality & FI Leader
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to/Department: Division Quality & FI Leader
The Regional Quality & Focused Improvement (FI) Leader is responsible for the overall region’s strategy and execution of Focused Improvement and Quality (QM) targets. The position champions the use of DMAIC tools to drive productivity efforts to meet financial goals and quality efforts to meet the needs of our customers. The Regional Quality and FI Leader is the mentor and change agent for a FI and Quality culture for all levels of the organization from the plant leader to the shop floor. The regional Quality/FI leader works closely with each plant Leadership Team and is a key member of the R&A Continuous Improvement Team.
The position reports to: Division Quality and FI Leader
This position can be based out of any of our Roofing Plant locations in the following states: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MN, NH, NJ, OK, SC, TN, or TX.
1. Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the region and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment to work at Owens Corning.
2. Achieve customer satisfaction and quality targets.
- Ensure processes and product specifications are defined in each plant to meet customers’ fitness for use criteria.
- Serve as a quality advocate to operations - develop and implement objectives, actions, training, and standards to meet quality goals
- Working with each plant to assure there is a quality business case written (strategy, timing, resources, etc.) and reviewed quarterly
- Complete all 8D’s on time with proper root cause investigation.
- Implement and standardize process controls (SPC & control and reaction procedures).
- Actively participate in the quality network and be a conduit for best practice sharing in the plants with respect to product quality and service.
- Ensure that all plant quality testing equipment is calibrated, and testing procedures meet the gage R&R requirements.
- Facilitate FMEA’s for new processes, equipment or new raw materials or areas of risk
- Participate in plants Leadership Team meetings and discussions to ensure quality is being addressed and improvement plans are being monitored.
3. Lead Regions Focused Improvement (FI) Plan.
- Champion the Identification and coordination of FI projects and selection of candidates for Blackbelt/ Greenbelt certification.
- Lead the use of plants loss trees assuring they are correct and being updated regularly
- Lead two or three big FI projects each year with sustainable gains
- Ensure plant has robust FI plans and work with regional/global team to improve where required.
- Train appropriate plant teams on FI tools, process, systems and culture.
- Participate in plants Leadership Team meetings and discussions to ensure FI/Lean thinking is applied to business level decisions.
- Participate in plants GEMBA walks and drive actions
- Participate in and lead boot camp events throughout the network of manufacturing plants
- Support the implementation of standard work initiatives.
- Ensure plant FI activities maintain alignment with global process standards.
- Ensure the plant has current and future state maps and/or VSM to drive transformation and an enterprise view of waste elimination.
- Challenge status quo and act as a change agent for transformation of the business.
- Support people engagement and recognition at the plant level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or in a technical field, Master’s degree preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Certification and or Master Black Belt preferred
- Five or more years’ experience in manufacturing, industrial or related field
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience utilizing computer programs and Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficient in use and interpretation of statistical tools.
- Proficient using Minitab
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapid changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to travel, as required (60-80%)
- Ability to coach and guide for results
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Possess strong change management skills
- Applied knowledge of TPM
- Ability to translate quality technical issues into understandable operational requirements for plant employees
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.