Nephi, Utah, United States
Forming AttendantJob ID 59270
Cleans forming areas and equipment. Operates assigned forming equipment. Transports cullet.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans forming areas and equipment according to current checklist.
- Tests, cleans and ensures working order of water sprays in forming hood, ducts, fans, etc. Monitors environment for equipment issues and ensures work notifications are completed as needed.
- Ensures flow of drains in forming equipment (including, but not limited to, ducts, separators, fans, hoses, etc.)
- Changes, cleans and starts return pumps and return of wash water to and from water reclaim.
- Operates and adjusts wash water equipment (including but not limited to, pumps, shaker screens, sprays, air dryer, roll gate, hoodwall water and wipers, hydro-laser, screw press, hoodwall recovery system, etc.)
- Monitors and adds anti-foam and anti-microbial ingredients.
- Monitors water levels in drop out boxes, trenches, pits, etc.
- Performs checks and autonomous maintenance tasks on oven environmental system.
- Removes excess cullet from sumps and trenches.
- Checks and clears cullet chutes, ensures empty hoppers are under cullet chutes, and transports cullet.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Collects scrap hoppers and empties in designated area.
- Participates in the safety, communication process, continuous improvement, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Trains in Tar and Paper area.
- Relieves and assists on set up of jobs (i.e. water jet cutters) as needed.
- Assists in correction of production problems which may include jam ups.
- Assists other crew members as directed (including, but not limited to, tar and paper operations, etc.)
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Able to operate forklift, Paper clamp and front loader equipment.
- Understand the plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
- Know and understand how to clean and check all forming equipment.
- Know and understand how to operate assigned forming equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do intermediate mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain forklift driver’s license
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection - occasionally
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs - occasionally
- Walking – continuously
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation) – frequently
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.