Nephi, Utah, United States
Paper Pit AttendantJob ID 59290
Performs the paper room related duties. Trains and oversees the Forming Attendant (Hot End) Person and other assigned personnel under the direction and authority of the supervisor. Checks and operates facing, folding, and laminating equipment. Ensures uninterrupted flow of material through the adhesive heating rollers, facing, and printing operations. Responsible for the accomplishment of the work performed by the Forming Attendant (Hot End) Person under the direction and authority of the supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains and oversees the Forming Attendant (Hot End) Person and other assigned personnel under the direction and authority of the supervisor.
- Unwinds, splices, and starts facing through adhesive heat rollers, guides, printers, and folders.
- Adjusts lateral spacing of facing.
- Adjusts margin scrapers, smear bars, guides, shoes, and other related equipment to insure the proper application of facing to wool.
- Ensures correct level of asphalt/adhesive application.
- Visually inspects for and corrects printing imperfections. Adjusts printing devices and changes type on printing rolls; maintains ink levels, asphalt flows.
- Sets up and insures operation of adhesive and hinge application equipment.
- Removes and disposes stub rolls; positions new rolls on stanchions.
- Adjusts equipment temperatures, tensions, flows.
- Cleans any equipment in the area, (including, but not limited to, adhesive accumulators, ink printers, conveyors, frames, etc.).
- Performs set up and job change activities such as adjusting water jet cutters, positioning lane dividers, etc.
- Checks schedules so processes and materials are prepared for assigned products to ensure timely and efficient job changes. Follows Job Change Procedures.
- Participates in the safety, continuous improvement, communication process, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Maintains supply of materials used in operations.
- Visually inspects direct materials.
- Assists in correction of production problems which may include jam-ups.
- Assists other crew members as directed (including but not limited to Forming Attendant (Wet Scrap)).
- Completes records and reports, (i.e., Ink Usage Report, etc.)
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Use of Rotating Clamp/Paper clamp/Forklift.
- Understand the plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
- Know and understand how to read SAP.
- Know and understand how to clean and check all forming equipment.
- Know and understand how to operate forming equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to secure and maintain forklift driver’s license
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection - occasionally
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs - occasionally
- Walking – continuously
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation) – frequently
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship