Elmhurst, New York, United States
Architectural Sales ManagerJob ID 53946
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Owens Corning (OC) is seeking to add an Architectural Sales Manager to its U.S. AEC team in the greater NYC area. The team leverages OC’s deep building science capabilities and broad portfolio of product and system solutions to help design and construction professionals deliver safe, comfortable, energy efficient and sustainable buildings. The Architectural Sales Manager is primarily responsible for identifying & capturing growth opportunities with industry leading Architects, who select and specify insulation products for commercial/institutional buildings. The successful candidate must have the ability to engage and leverage OC talent from multiple functional areas within the organization.
Using a consultative approach and acting as a trusted advisor to AEC professionals, the Architectural Sales Manager has accountability to grow specifications for all products and systems across our portfolio of solutions, including a primary focus on insulation products/systems for the building enclosure and interior applications.
Reports to: AEC Team Leader
- Driving Business Growth: The Architectural Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Working with the AEC Team Leader to establish & execute a territory growth strategy.
- Consulting with industry leading AEC professionals to secure specifications for OC products and systems on high value commercial & institutional buildings.
- Collaborating with sales team to track building projects and convert specifications to sales.
- Observing market trends and identifying opportunities for OC to grow/compete via new product and system innovations.
- Execution & Market Engagement: The Architectural Sales Manager is responsible for achieving established goals and objectives. Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Building relationships with strategic AEC professionals (i.e., architects and design-build firms).
- Serving as a trusted advisor to AEC professionals by providing timely, accurate and objective technical assistance regarding OC products & systems.
- Understanding the features, benefits & limitations of OC products & systems as well as competitive products and systems.
- Assisting AEC professionals with the proper specification of OC products & systems.
- Collaborating with OC sales teams to manage project opportunities from “specification to P.O.”
- Providing AEC professionals with product & system education, including delivering several AIA/CES continuing education courses each quarter at AEC firms and OC/industry events.
- Actively participating in industry associations such as CSI, AIA and others.
- Possessing a strong understanding of construction drawings, specifications, building/energy codes, sustainability and building science (e.g., thermal, moisture, fire, acoustics and more).
- Mastering the use of the Microsoft Dynamics (CRM tool) to track projects, accounts and contacts.
- Pursuing/maintaining relevant professional credentials such as the CDT.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years or more of experience in commercial building design, construction and/or technical specification sales with building materials manufacturer (experience with building enclosure solutions is preferred).
- Ideally a University degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline, preferably a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer.
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial construction, building science and building codes.
- Ability to educate and influence AEC professionals to change design and specification habits.
- Existing relationships with leading AEC professionals in assigned region.
- Experience in creating customer value and solutions based on needs assessment.
- Involvement in key design, specification and construction associations such as CSI, AIA and more.
- Experience coordinating cross functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute business strategy.
- Proven results-driven track record.
- Strong executive presence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exhibits a solid understanding of construction drawings, specifications, building/energy codes, sustainability and building science (e.g., thermal, moisture, fire, acoustics and more).
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition and the market.
- Excellent networking, communication, presentation and consultative skills.
- Proven leadership & collaboration capability in a matrix environment.
- Ability to effectively manage (and not exceed) assigned travel and expense budget.
- Ability to develop a strong business case to create customer value and drive growth.
- Leads with a strong set of values aligned with OC values.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many
- Energetic and highly motivated to deliver specification and sales results.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is a creative problem solver. Views problems as opportunities.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Ability to work productively in home-office and travel up to 60% of the time.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.