Newark, Ohio, United States
Electrical Maintenance ManagerJob ID 54823
This position will lead the Electrical Maintenance Operations for the Newark Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical maintenance process. They must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: The Newark Plant has approximately 600 employees. The Electrical Leader will have 36 hourly direct reports. All of which are members of the IBEW union.
1. Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
The Electrical Maintenance Manager will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority
- Developing risk assessments for critical tasks
- Ensure 95% completion rate in <30 days for all safety incident reports
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Safety metrics – RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6
- Leader Safety Standard Work and Hazard ID
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures
2. Responsible for all aspects of the Electrical Maintenance Operations.
Ensures the routine electrical maintenance of Plant equipment and by:
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet / exceed established goals
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of unionized primary maintenance workforce (crew of approx 36) and driving engagement in the primary workforce
- Actively participate in Total Productive Maintenance deployment
- Improve the reliability of the plant power systems through preventative and predictive maintenance and capital improvements
3. Technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment and protocols
- Technical knowledge in DCS control systems, high voltage equipment, PLC applications (Allen Bradley), AC/DC line drives, process instrumentation, data acquisition, etc.
- Strong background in proven trouble shooting best practices.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
- Experience developing and managing project work.
- Ensure the injury-free performance primary member team
4. Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
- Works closely with the Production Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency
- Ensure supervisory practices are consistent with the facility collective agreement and effectively manage the grievance resolution process
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for wining
- Effectively lead and manage change for their workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement
- 5 years progressive leadership experience within a manufacturing environment preferred. Prefer emphasis on electrical
- Bachelor degree required, Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience is highly desired
- Experience in Reliability Improvements (CMRP desired)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- Lean Certification or evidence of Lean Manufacturing experience
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data
- Ability to lead a unionized hourly employees
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.