Promotion and sales of FOAMGLAS® in his/her sales area to existing and new customers.
Sales engineers may supervise the installation of the system and provide training for the customers who will use the product. They also maintain contact with their clients to ensure that the clients' needs have been met and to assist them with any additional problems that may arise well after the purchase. Sales engineers are in constant contact with customers and have a good idea of the improvements customers would like to see in the products they buy. Together with the research and development departments in their own companies, sales engineers work to bring their products in line with customer expectations. The main duty is to understand the business issues in-depth and combine them with all product offers to determine solutions that will provide key big business value.
2. Key Responsibility areas
* Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
* Attend company training seminars to become familiar with product lines.
* Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs, and to determine system requirements.
* Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
*Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
*Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and building/industry-specific solutions.
* Identify resale opportunities, and support them to achieve sales plans.
*Keep informed on building/industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
*Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
*Recommend improved materials to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs.
*Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
*Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
*Visit prospective buyers at commercial, building/industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
*Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about building/industry developments.
*Diagnose problems with installed equipment.
*Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
* Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
* Maintain sales forecasting reports.
*Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of the product.
3. Core Competences
* Problem Solving
* Innovation and creative thinking
* Customer focus
* Results orientation
* Engage and inspire
* Talent management
* Effective communication
4. Specific functional expertise
Education, Experience and Certifications:
* Civil engineer/Bachelor degree in engineering/construction
* Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
* Good knowledge of English / Dutch
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
*Results oriented and proven track record in establishing and achieving ambitious goals.
* organizational, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
* Admin minded.
* A solid technical background in construction.
* Background in sales is helpful.
* Ability to be flexible, to plan, set and meet deadlines.
* Ability to operate autonomously and team working ability and to travel.
* Detail oriented.
* Ability to be persuasive and be able to adjust easily to the personalities of various customers.
* Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public and other external sources.
* Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
*Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.