Portland, Oregon, United States
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Limited Maintenance Electrician)Job ID 53948
Location: Portland, Oregon - United States
This position is part of the Portland Site’s Technical Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. This opportunity is critical to the performance and continued growth of the sites Roofing and Asphalt plant’s.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician's primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. Successful candidates will be required to use their troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic (etc.), problems that may occur. The successful candidate would also be responsible for development and training of Maintenance Apprentices and work with operations to improve machine efficiencies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, pumps, and related equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with steam, pneumatic, water, hot oil, asphalt and other related piping equipment.
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to mechanical / electrical equipment within the roofing and asphalt plants.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on equipment and resolve identified issues/problems.
- Ability to observe a situation, correctly diagnoses the problem, and implements a corrective action, with little or no supervision.
- Possess industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of lock out tag out, hot work, line breaking and confined space entry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of oils and lubrications, rigging of equipment, set-up and alignment of machinery and equipment.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP).
- Ongoing personal development, including staying up to date on current maintenance techniques.
- Participates in the Safety and housekeeping programs
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader
Education and or Experience:
The employee should have the following:
- LME, State Of Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical License-or higher, or the ability to obtain an LME license within 3 months of employment, is required.
- Electrical knowledge and skill in troubleshooting motors and controls, drives, instrumentation, and PLC’s.
- 5 years of documented experience in industrial equipment maintenance, or vocational training plus 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing plant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have required basic hand tools.
The employee should have the following abilities:
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, algebra, and physics
- Strong Preventive/Predictive knowledge and experience
- Ability to work from layout plans, blue prints, drawings or other specifications to determine work procedures
- Ability and knowledge in welding, including arc, acetylene and hydrogen
- Ability to properly move machinery using hoist, cranes, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Ability and knowledge to properly use tools and equipment such as drill presses, lathe, milling machine, chain falls, jacks, slings , burning torches, and other types of portable and hand tools.
- Project management experience.
- Ability and willingness to work in widely varied environments
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with production
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to demonstrate good organization skills
- Proficient in precision assembly and alignment techniques
- Strong customer focus and willing to go the extra mile
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (word, excel, outlook, power point, SAP)
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Must complete and pass a pre-employment background check, hair drug screen, and medical review.
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 days of employment at the Owens Corning Portland Roofing & Asphalt plants are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.