Portland, Oregon, United States
Industrial Maintenance Technician (LME)Job ID 56351
Now offering a sign-on bonus!
$3,000 After 90 Days of Employment
Competitive pay starting at $36.17/hr
Plus $3/hr night shift differential
BE PART OF OUR DIFFERENCE
Owens Corning, global in scope - human in scale. We’re an international company, with solid roots in Portland, and we’ve got opportunities for dynamic people to join our local team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive compensation, quarterly bonus plan, compressed schedules, weekly paydays, and a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and much more.
What your day in this role might involve at OC Portland Roofing Plant:
This position is part of the Portland Roofing Plant Maintenance Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. This opportunity is critical to the performance and continued growth of our Roofing plant.
Here’s a brief outline of this role…
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Ability to precision align belts, gears or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safety and efficiently
- Complete scheduled maintenance and work orders as assigned.
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Participating in Root Cause Analysis and TPM meetings
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Participate in safety and plant trainings.
What makes a successful OC Portland Roofing plant team member:
Must haves include…
- High School Diploma or GED and be at least 18 Years Old
- LME License required
- Minimum of 3 years related industrial experience industrial multi-craft maintenance or applicable military training in Electrical Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance, or other technical areas
- Experience with:
- Think under pressure and multi-task
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, and have shift flexibility
- Communicate, in English, in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and P&ID drawings
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing, industrial maintenance, and industrial machine control principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain precision measurements.
- Strong knowledge of LTT, energy control procedures and safe working procedures.
- PLC and AC/DC drive experience.
- Must have experience with fusing, thermal overload protection, wiring size, motor theory, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical gear.
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical code.
- Operate a computer, learn SAP and Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
There are some essential physical requirements specific to our work environment, including being able to:
- Ability to work weekends, nights and on a 12-hour shift rotation
- Ability to work overtime on short notice including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Working from heights (up to 150ft) including man lifts & climbing ladders
- Do repetitive movements (hand, arm, leg; bending and twisting at the waist; bending at the knee and squatting, push and pull 50 pounds)
- Exposure to temperature extremes; sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable; and outside weather as needed
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis
Our people and products make the world a better place. Help us accomplish great things in Portland Roofing!
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.