Portland, Oregon, United States
Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 54014
This position is part of the Gresham Foamular Plant Operations Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. This opportunity is critical to the performance and continued growth of the Gresham Foamular Plant.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician's primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. Successful candidates will be required to use their troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve technical, mechanical, electrical, and programming problems that may occur. The successful candidate would also be responsible for development and training of Maintenance Apprentices and work with operations to improve machine efficiencies.
The Gresham Foam Insulation plant was designed as a high performance organization set up to engage your strengths unlike any place that you have worked before. As a team member, you will have many opportunities to broaden your skill base and will be expected to accept responsibility and be accountable for contributing to the successful operation of the plant. We expect pride in workmanship and team involvement in ensuring a safe environment, eliminating waste, and working together to solve problems, make decisions and improve operations.
We need people who are all about making a difference at work and making things better day by day. Successful candidates must demonstrate both the ability to work in self-directed teams, with little to no supervision, as well as demonstrate the ability to drive results in a team environment.
- Work Safely
- Resolve all equipment and electrical issues
- Complete project work in mechanical, electrical, and programming areas
- Perform all Planned and Scheduled Maintenance activities
- Continuous improvement of Preventative and Predictive activities
- Continuous improvement of all operations equipment and processes
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to mechanical / electrical equipment.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP).
- Use and promote LTT (Lock, Tag, Try)
- Ongoing personal development, including staying up to date on current maintenance techniques.
- Learn general working knowledge of equipment operation
- Owns and promotes a safety program
- Participates on a committee
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader
The employee should have the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems and implement a corrective action, with little or no supervision.
- The ability to multi-task and have good organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (word, excel, outlook, power point, SAP, PLC)
- Demonstrated the ability to work well in a team environment and to develop strong working relationships with operations.
- Ability to read instruments and accurately record readings
- Experience in Preventive/Predictive knowledge and experience
- Experience in industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety.
- Experience and knowledge in welding, including arc, acetylene and hydrogen
- Experience/ knowledge of oils and lubrications, rigging of equipment, set-up and alignment of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to work from layout plans, blue prints, drawings or other specifications to determine work procedures
- Ability to properly move machinery using hoist, cranes, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Ability and knowledge to properly use tools and equipment such as drill presses, lathe, milling machine, chain falls, jacks, slings , burning torches, and other types of portable and hand tools.
- Experience in precision assembly and alignment techniques
- Knowledge of project management process/ concepts
- Strong customer focus and willing to go the extra mile
- LME, State Of Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical License-or higher is required.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting motors and controls, drives, instrumentation, and PLC’s is required.
- Basic Machining skills- Welding, Drilling, Lathe/ Mill operation is preferred
- 3-5 years of documented experience in industrial equipment maintenance, or vocational training plus 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing plant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Bend, twist, and stoop to perform mechanical tasks
- Repeatedly use hand tools
- Work in high and low temperatures
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Rotate days to nights/ nights to days every 6 weeks
Please ONLY submit your resume and/or apply one time. Please do NOT contact the company directly. If we feel your skills and qualifications match our criteria we will contact you.
Pre-employment assessment, drug screen, physical exam, and background check required.
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 days of employment at Owens Corning Gresham Foam Insulation are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.