Portland, Oregon, United States
Regional HR LeaderJob ID 54208
This Regional HR Leader is responsible for providing business leadership and functional expertise in human resources to the Portland, OR and Compton, CA Roofing & Asphalt plants.
The ideal candidate will be an effective change agent who works to positively engage the workforce at all levels within the facilities. This is a key position to the plant leadership teams, responsible for managing and delivering HR strategies and tactics, inclusive of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Training and Development Pillar (T&D) in order to engage employees and develop talent capable of delivering business results.
The position reports to the Director of HR, Roofing Global Operations, and is a key member of the business HR team. The role also has dotted line reporting accountability to the local plant managers.
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Safety strategy and performance to employees and engage them in the system systems and process leadership.
- Become regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and fair treatment.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Fills openings with highly competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports, partner groups and in self.
Executing HR Strategies
- Leads Training & Development Pillar within the region
- Contributes to the development and execution of the plant and Human Resources strategy
- Improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing problems and implementing highly effective solutions.
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant NLT members. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coaches all leaders in the organization with confidence and candor.
- Continuously improve assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Continuously improve our work environment through engagement in TPM to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Effectively leads change, action and results through effective change management practices
- Assessing team performance and facilitating interventions proactively.
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- 7-10 years progressive HR generalist experience providing support and coordinating resources for multiple manufacturing plants
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others.
- Implementing plant-level strategy for a human resources function.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management or a related field. Master’s degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred.
- Experience with California/west coast employment law experience a plus.
- Experience in a TPM, World-class Manufacturing or Lean manufacturing environment, preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business.
- Current knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools
- Excellent communication – written and oral – including presentation skills.
- Capable of taking on additional regional HR responsibility for other Owens Corning locations/operations as needed
- Able and willing to relocate for other HR positions within Owens Corning, including the company world headquarters in Toledo, OH, preferred
- Ability to travel 10-20%