Portland, Oregon, United States
Senior Human Resources Lead - PortlandJob ID 54967
The Senior HR Lead is responsible for providing business leadership and functional expertise in human resources to the Portland, OR Roofing & Asphalt plants.
The ideal candidate will be an effective change agent who works to positively engage the workforce at all levels within the facilities. This is a key position to the plant leadership teams, responsible for managing and delivering HR strategies and tactics, inclusive of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Training and Development Pillar (T&D) in order to engage employees and develop talent capable of delivering business results.
The position reports to the Director of HR, Roofing Global Operations, and is a key member of the business HR team. The role also has dotted line reporting accountability to the local plant managers.
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Safety strategy and performance to employees and engage them in the system systems and process leadership.
- Become regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and fair treatment.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Fills openings with highly competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports, partner groups and in self.
Executing HR Strategies
- Leads Training & Development Pillar within the plant
- Contributes to the development and execution of the plant and Human Resources strategy
- Improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing problems and implementing highly effective solutions.
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant NLT members. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coaches all leaders in the organization with confidence and candor.
- Continuously improve assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Continuously improve our work environment through engagement in TPM to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Effectively leads change, action and results through effective change management practices
- Assessing team performance and facilitating interventions proactively.
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- At least 5-7 years progressive HR generalist experience providing support and coordinating resources for manufacturing plants
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others.
- Implementing plant-level strategy for a human resources function.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management or a related field. Master’s degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred.
- Experience with Oregon/ West Coast employment law experience a plus.
- Experience in a TPM, World-class Manufacturing or Lean manufacturing environment, preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business.
- Current knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools
- Excellent communication – written and oral – including presentation skills.
- Capable of taking on additional regional HR responsibility for other Owens Corning locations/operations as needed
- Desire to grow in career with potential to relocate to other areas in Owens Corning.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.