Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Area Sales Manager - North CarolinaJob ID 53991
The Owens Corning North American Technical Insulation (NATI) sales organization is seeking an Area Sales Manager (ASM). This position is accountable to drive profitable sales growth for our customers and Owens Corning by providing customer inspired solutions while executing on Owens Corning sales and marketing initiatives within Virginia and the Carolinas.
The ASM must establish and maintain existing relationships with customers in the territory and develop new customer relationships to meet our growth agenda. Product knowledge, application, building science, financial business acumen and the ability to develop industry/market knowledge and opportunity analyses are critical to help our customers be successful.
The preferred home office-based locations include Raleigh or Charlotte, with the ability to travel up to 65% of the time. Other home office-based locations will be considered within the territory.
Reports to: Director, Air Distribution
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
- Knowing Our Customers
- Continuously builds intimate insight and knowledge of the markets and customers within the territory, their business, what is necessary for the customer to be successful.
- Identifies value and growth opportunities within the distributors and contractors in the market.
- Works with contractors and distributors in the local markets to understand application and competitive dynamics.
- Developing Sales Territory Strategy
- Develop an understanding of territory dynamics & share positions by major market.
- Using this understanding to develop a strategy for the territory, and execute on customer acquisition and contractor growth plans.
- Execution – Delivering Results
- The ASM will be a strong implementer of the division strategy for each of the products and solutions they represent and drive actions toward meeting their sales and margin goals.
- Builds tailored value propositions to distributors and contractors based on the differential value that our current and future products, programs and processes deliver.
- The ASM will execute customer strategies, share results with others, conduct meaningful customer discovery interviews, to ensure we are delivering on what each customer values most.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- At least 5 years of direct sales experience; highly preferred in building materials sales
- Knowledge contractor and distribution relationships and pricing dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to market, educate and sell new products and services
- Demonstrated understanding of market dynamics including channels, customers, and competitive landscape
- Experience in the building materials industry
- Understands the impact of codes and public policy on demand
- Key account management
- Experience making persuasive product presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage change, create value propositions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Strong organization and deadline management skills
- Self-starter with a competitive drive for results
- Demonstrates leadership within teams
- Works well cross functionally (i.e. marketing, sales, R&D)
- Applies continuous improvement to the sales process to improve business execution and results
- Demonstrated dependable ability to prioritize, follow-up and execute against multiple opportunities
- Passion for learning
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.