Rockford, Illinois, United States
HR Professional - Rockford, IL or Tallmadge, OHJob ID 54098
The Human Resources (HR) Professional provides HR and business leadership to the Rockford IL and Tallmadge OH Foam plants on all matters related to human capital. This is a key position in the HR team, responsible for assisting in delivering HR strategies and tactics to improve business results. The HR Generalist is an effective change agent and a positive force in the effectiveness and engagement of the workforce. The position will lead various plant-wide events and projects that will involve plant employees.
Reports to: Regional HR Leader
Span of Control: Rockford and Tallmadge Foam Plants
SAFETY & WELLNESS
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, regulations, procedures, training, and initiatives
- Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas
- Lead safety and wellness teams
- Coordinate and support wellness and community activities
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area
- Coach employees and supervisors with confidence and candor, consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning Story, and OC Guiding Principles
- Coach and educate leaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation
- Fairly and consistently applying plant employment policies
- Continuously improving assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent
- Continuously innovating & improving HR processes to enhance the company’s value and the value to our customers
- Continuously improving our work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base
- Leading effective change management practices
- Continuously elevate the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes. The HR Generalist applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make customer-focused business decisions
- Contribute to the development and execution of the HR strategic framework:
- Talent Acquisition: recruitment and hiring
- Talent Growth: scheduling and reporting for talent reviews; succession planning
- Talent Development: coach supervisors and guide employees
- Training & Development: Involvement in TPM and T&D
- Compensation and Benefits: policies and plans
- Employee Relations
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for plant employees on HR related matters, including but not limited to the administration of HR policies, benefits, processes, payroll, employee handbook, guidelines, and resources
- Administer HRIS including SuccessFactors, Talent Center, Kronos, etc. to enter and track recruiting, job changes, employee time and pay, assign learning, record training, track HR metrics.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain comprehensive reports generated through HRIS and business information systems. Track metric and take actions to improve performance – training and policy change recommendation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Interface with outside agencies on issues including health care and other benefits, workers’ compensation, unemployment, and charitable contributions, and employee and community events
- Conduct new hire, benefits, safety, and visitor orientations, as required
- Plan and coordinate training, meetings, celebrations, and outings for special occasions. Lead and promote company/plant events and initiatives, including service awards and recognition programs
- Coordinate wellness events and physical examinations related to hiring and retention including oversight of local drug testing process; including coordination with external testing lab and communication with employees, corporate medical, and supervisors.
- Serve as the plant Compensation & Benefits Champion in order to communicate benefit plant changes to plant employees; coordinate, schedule, and deliver open enrollment employee meetings
- Manage administration of FMLA, STD, and other leaves of absence and take action to improve performance.
- Guide and administer employee handbook, safety and work rules, and plant/company policies
- Lead plant teams such as safety, wellness engagement, or employee inclusion teams
- Other HR process and HR capability support duties as assigned including participating in and leading division HR project initiatives
- Serve as hourly payroll administrator – track error rates and take action to improve and simplify process
- Actively engage in personal development
- Assist in driving TPM T&D Pillar initiatives
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Two years’ experience in HR is preferred
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and business information (payroll/timekeeping) systems required; SuccessFactors and Kronos systems experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both internally and externally, build relationships and interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to manage multiple activities on a daily basis and possess exceptionally strong skills in attention to detail/accuracy/flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision, while handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- Collaborative and team focused, with the ability to work independently, proactively and professionally with minimal supervision and guidance
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams – can manage data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to arrive at balanced solutions
- Capable of providing assistance or project responsibility for additional Owens Corning locations/operations as needed.
- Acts as a change agent; effectively leads change, drives action, and achieves results
- Demonstrates an understanding of the financials and metrics of the business; shows an appreciation and understanding of balancing the needs of employees with the needs of the business
- Seeks best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, payroll, FMLA, STD, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES:
- Proficiency operating a computer and basic computer programs including: Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and accurately use HRIS, Kronos, and SuccessFactors
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work extended / flexible hours as required
- Sit / stand / walk for prolonged periods of time
- Use computer equipment for extended periods of time
- Travel, as needed for meetings, training and plant/project support
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.