Rockford, Illinois, United States
Industrial Electrician & MechanicJob ID 54585
Looking for a career vs just another job?
The Owens Corning plant in Rockford IL manufactures extruded polystyrene foam board insulation for primary use in the construction industry.
- Safe, clean and well-lit, automated work environment
- Family atmosphere centered around employee and community involvement
- Career advancement opportunities
Industrial Electrician & Mechanic
- Full time
- Night shift
- Overtime available
- Job Responsibilities
- Perform both routine and nonroutine maintenance tasks on process and support equipment
- Fabricate items from sketches or verbal descriptions
- Communicate (written and verbal) work activities, equipment problems and solutions to broader maintenance team, shift coordinators and members of the management team
- Total Compensation
- Market competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance
- Automatic 401k company contribution of 2% with an additional 6% match
- Quarterly Bonus program with a potential of 12.5%
- Wellness Incentives up to $700/year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program at 15% discount
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Technical certification OR 2 years industrial electrical and/or mechanic experience
- Capable of reading mechanical and electrical prints
- Computer literacy (SAP preferred)
- Strong work ethic
- Meet physical demands of position
- Experience with PLC’s preferred
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.