Rockford, Illinois, United States
Industrial Electrician & MechanicJob ID 54585
Looking for a career vs just another job?
The Owens Corning plant in Rockford IL manufactures extruded polystyrene foam board insulation for primary use in the construction industry.
- Safe, clean and well-lit, automated work environment
- Family atmosphere centered around employee and community involvement
- Career advancement opportunities
Summary of Job:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine planned and breakdown maintenance activities on shift. This person must safely work independently and in conjunction with fellow maintenance and/or production personnel as tasks demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the process, process equipment, controls, and the Maintenance stores areas
- Develop troubleshooting skills and techniques for the equipment and controls.
- Perform routine and nonroutine industrial maintenance tasks
- Utilize electrical prints and multimeter to perform electrical troubleshooting
- Utilize our computer maintenance management system (SAP) to maintain and enter documentation from all work orders
- Assist other Maintenance team members as needed
- Assist with major machine maintenance activities on all equipment
- Communicate work activities and findings verbally at shift huddles and via SAP
- Communicate any and all observed or found equipment problems to Maintenance Leader in a timely manner
- Maintain a “willingness-to-learn-more” attitude through developed work habits, machine instruction booklets, self-taught skills courses, and outside educational programs
- Sign out any materials used and/or removed from stores during the course of work activities
- Learn and comply with all Owens Corning safety policies along with all other plant rules
- Maintain a clean, orderly work area that is in compliance with 5S standards
- Maintain high level of attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Industrial mechanical experience and knowledge (bearings, gearboxes, conveyors, chain drives, etc.)
- Basic troubleshooting of mechanical equipment in an industrial environment
- Basic industrial electrical experience (multimeter use, 3 phase motor wiring, can read electrical schematics)
- Strong mechanical and basic electrical aptitude in an industrial environment
- Ability to complete intermediate mathematical calculations
- Ability to use a computer for Microsoft email and document use, online global link training, and logging maintenance work through SAP
- Demonstrate teamwork; maintain communication links with co-workers, production crews, maintenance personnel and supervision
- Strong attributes for attention to detail
- Ability to accomplish all of the above without direct supervision
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Background in industrial electricity preferred.
- Experience in a maintenance environment.
- Silver level work keys assessment score
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 12 hours in hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Walk/stand on concrete floor continuously for up to 12 hours.
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.