Rockford, Illinois, United States
Safety CoordinatorJob ID 54705
Our people and products make the world a better place.
Looking for a career vs just another job?
The Owens Corning Rockford IL facility is seeking a Safety Coordinator to directly support the Environmental and Safety Lead to promote a positive and safe work environment based on Owens Corning’s standards.
Rockford IL manufactures extruded polystyrene foam board insulation for primary use in the construction industry. The facility provides a clean work environment, well-lit highly automated production facility and career advancement opportunities. Owens Corning provides a competitive total compensation package including:
- Competitive starting pay
- Annual increases based on performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with a potential of 8% match
- Bonus program with a potential of 10%
- Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Summary of Safety Coordinator Position:
This entry level Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) position that will provide great experience and development to enable potential future advancement to higher level EHS positions within Owens Corning.
- Full time
- M – TH 11AM -9 PM
(Must be flexible and open to OT based on business needs)
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all Corporate and OSHA Standards
- Monitor Environmental Health & Safety Trends in the plant to drive reduce risk
- Maintain documentation of training and recertification as required by corporate and federal/state standards via Learning Management Systems (e.g. Lock Tag Try (LTT) and Forklift training)
- Review Incident Reporting for Hazard submissions and Safe Behavior Observations (SBOs)
- Lead safety training and other activities
- Coordinate safety and environmental initiatives (e.g. plant recycling program and activities)
- Update and Maintain Life Safety Equipment (AED and First Aid inspections, Eye Wash stations and Fire Extinguisher etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry Safety Regulations and Standards
- Experience with conducting Risk Assessments, Job Hazards Analysis (JHAs), and Safe Behavior Observations( SBOs)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs required (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong work ethic
- Meet physical demands of position
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.