Savannah, Georgia, United States
Electrical TechnicianJob ID 54496
JOB FUNCTION: Stable Operations
SUMMARY: The Savannah Roofing Plant Electrical Technician coordinates and safely executes maintenance electrical functions in the facility so the plant equipment and services perform at maximum levels and minimize unscheduled interruption of the plant operation. This position also trains, coaches, and counsels others on electrical maintenance procedures and best practices. Strong knowledge of programmable logic controllers, electrical systems, and process control systems is required. This position reports to the plant Maintenance Leader.
NATURE & SCOPE
- Oversees shift activities, downtime, and shop with respect to electrical work request, downtime lists and assigned projects.
- Instructs craftsmen in proper electrical installation and repair techniques as appropriate.
- Plans electrical preventive maintenance strategies to minimize equipment downtime.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all electrical shop equipment.
- Inspects electrical work in progress to ensure correct labor utilization and evaluate electrical training requirements.
- Completes training plan based on qualifying test score.
- Supports contracted electrical installations or repairs in the facility.
- Maintains electrical controls software in support of programming for the facility.
- Keeps most current copies of PLC programs, Drive programs, Panel view programs, level measurement devices programs on Summit's common drive.
- Updates and keep electrical drawings current when changes occur.
- Keeps the department leader appraised of electrical equipment conditions so that situations of major significance can be planned for to avoid major production downtime.
- Recommends electrical training and development of Craftsmen in support of electrical power and control equipment.
- Makes timely and appropriate decisions when an emergency or breakdown occurs so that production interruption is minimized.
- Ensures that electrical spare parts information and inventories are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Creates and Maintains troubleshooting manuals by each machine to facilitate / share best practices with all craftsmen.
- Proactive in the safety process and ensures that good safety habits are reinforced in Craftsmen.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift as directed by Maintenance Leader.
- Manufacturing maintenance experience or completion of an Advanced Manufacturing program from an accredited school
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
Candidate will be based at the Savannah Roofing Plant.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.