Savannah, Georgia, United States
Electrical TechnicianJob ID 60375
SUMMARY: The Savannah Roofing Plant Electrical Technician coordinates and safely executes maintenance electrical functions in the facility so the plant equipment and services perform at maximum levels and minimize unscheduled interruption of the plant operation. This position also trains, coaches, and counsels others on electrical maintenance procedures and best practices. Strong knowledge of programmable logic controllers, electrical systems, and process control systems is required. This position reports to the plant Maintenance Leader.
NATURE & SCOPE
- Oversees shift activities, downtime, and shop with respect to electrical work request, downtime lists and assigned projects.
- Instructs craftsmen in proper electrical installation and repair techniques as appropriate.
- Plans electrical preventive maintenance strategies to minimize equipment downtime.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all electrical shop equipment.
- Inspects electrical work in progress to ensure correct labor utilization and evaluate electrical training requirements.
- Completes training plan based on qualifying test score.
- Supports contracted electrical installations or repairs in the facility.
- Maintains electrical controls software in support of programming for the facility.
- Keeps most current copies of PLC programs, Drive programs, Panel view programs, level measurement devices programs on Summit's common drive.
- Updates and keep electrical drawings current when changes occur.
- Keeps the department leader appraised of electrical equipment conditions so that situations of major significance can be planned for to avoid major production downtime.
- Recommends electrical training and development of Craftsmen in support of electrical power and control equipment.
- Makes timely and appropriate decisions when an emergency or breakdown occurs so that production interruption is minimized.
- Ensures that electrical spare parts information and inventories are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Creates and Maintains troubleshooting manuals by each machine to facilitate / share best practices with all craftsmen.
- Proactive in the safety process and ensures that good safety habits are reinforced in Craftsmen.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift as directed by Maintenance Leader.
- Manufacturing maintenance experience or completion of an Advanced Manufacturing program from an accredited school
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
Candidate will be based at the Savannah Roofing Plant.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.