Savannah, Georgia, United States
Entry Position-Roofing Mfg MachineJob ID 53876
Insures and maintains flow of quality shingles from shingles machine to wrapping process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the shift supervisor.
- Operates ATO’s, conveyors, timing and conveyors and maintains a continuous flow of product.
- Visually inspects shingles for quality and documents required information as directed.
- Cleans electric eyes, skid plate and reflectors, to maintain proper catching, conveying and staging.
- Hand palletizes bundles at palletizer as needed.
- Identifies seconds and notifies shingle machine operator, wrapping attendant and quality technician.
- Trouble shoots equipment problems and notifies supervisor and shift tech as needed.
- Notifies shingles machine operator and/or shift technician when equipment malfunctions occur.
- Assists in rethreading mat breaks.
- Conducts mini-audits on finished products every 15 minutes or as required.
- Insures quality specifications and notifies Quality Tech, Shingle Machine Operator, Shift Supervisor, Packaging Leader of non-standard material.
- Salvages and prepares seconds for shipment. Evaluates and records defects and weight.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant and work areas.
- Performs start-up checklist procedures for machine.
- Clears jams as needed.
- Monitors alignment on A & B lanes.
- A-Lane Operator cleans out the laminate pan at least every 20 minutes.
- Operates forklift as needed.
- Assist Wrapper Operator in clearing jams as needed.
- Assists wrapper operator when splice is made on roll of wraps.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail
- Create, reply to e-mail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Adapt to rotate and work shift work
- Pass drug screen at prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.