Savannah, Georgia, United States
Environmental CoordinatorJob ID 54265
The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for all air and water monitoring that the site is permitted to operate under. The position requires the ability to collect and analyze data and then propose potential solutions which in turn prevents the organization from receiving a Notice of Violation (NOV). A critical skill required for the position is maintaining all environmental records in Owens Corning specific database or excel files. The position is also responsible for educating the workforce on any environmental item that would put the organization at risk if not performed in a safe manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all environmental records
- Coordinate and perform necessary audits, investigations and inspections as required.
- Ensures any follow up items from the above are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures all of the assigned items in Lotus Notes are closed out prior to the scheduled due date
- Maintains all environmental training documentation as required by corporate and federal standards
- Maintain a library of all permits and ensures they are up to date
- Maintains the SDS library and ensures all data sheets are up to date. All chemicals on site must have an SDS sheet. No new chemicals are allowed on site prior to an SDS review
- Collecting of all LEL’s and submission into the corporate system
- Management of the hazardous waste program
- Leader of the Green Team which drives sustainability
- Assists in developing an accident free environment by supporting all safety initiatives by either training or reinforcing through HPI
Skills and Abilities
The employee should have the following abilities
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Experience with leading and facilitating small groups
- Good oral and written communication
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must work well in a team environment and well as alone
- Good balance when taking water samples from ditches
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, Access)
Education and/or Experience
The employee should have the following
- High school or GED equivalency ( some advanced course work on environmental terminology a plus)
- Education, training, or work experience in coordinating environmental systems in a manufacturing setting
Essential Physical Requirements
The employee should possess the ability to
- Ability to work up to 8 hours in extreme hot/cold environment
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to safeguard self with proper PPE for the specific task
- Ability to sit up to 6 hours continuously
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours occasionally
- Ability to get into tight/dark spaces to read gauges
- Ability to climb stairs to monitor air/water systems
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.