Savannah, Georgia, United States
General Utility IIJob ID 54946
Performs the general labor function for all areas of the plant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the supervisor.
- Maintains order and cleanliness including but not limited to: sweeping, washing, waxing, cleaning of windows, walls, floors, equipment, grounds, etc., sanitizing, dusting, collecting/weighing and disposing of waste, applying protective coatings, yard work, etc., throughout all buildings and grounds including, but not limited to, inside all buildings (offices, rest rooms) grounds (yards), ditches, roadways, pits, tank areas, scrap areas, etc.
- Minor building maintenance, and maintaining facility’s grounds, including but not limited to sweeping, flag ritual, etc.
- Makes off-site trips for various reasons including parts, equipment and supplies pick up.
- Orders, procures and maintains tools and supplies required to accomplish assigned role.
- Participates in safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties (including relief) consistent with the nature of the job as directed by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail
- Create, reply to e-mail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Pass drug screen at prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.