Savannah, Georgia, United States
Operations ManagerJob ID 54988
This role has oversight for the efficient manufacturing operations, as it relates to safety, employee support and engagement, quality product manufacturing, and cost control.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The employee duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to and consistently enforce all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Foster a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work area (routine housekeeping inspection, etc.)
- Provide expertise on all department operating, process control, and emergency procedures.
- Acts as the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Pillar Leader
- Lead change and continuous improvement efforts in support of the work team and facility objectives.
- Understand the methods of maximizing operational uptime and work with primary personnel on the shift to maintain peak efficiency.
- Develop front line leadership staff to ensure all operate consistent with 100% Leader ideals/Leadership Capabilities for Growth
- Ensure an environment of inclusivity that respects and encourages differing backgrounds and points of view
- Oversee the training and development of production team
- Resource operations and projects, as needed.
- Provide robust communications of all plant initiatives and performance expectations.
- Minimize costs on shift through efficient use of short-life parts.
- Maintain equipment to promote efficient operations.
- Effectively collaborate with other Department Leaders ensuring a strong team environment
- Administer defined company and facility policies and practices.
- Manage employee performance through daily interactions and annual performance reviews and individual engagement plans.
- Assign and coordinate all work taking place in the Operations area
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Manufacturing, or similar degree highly preferred
- Three to five years staff supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work extended / flexible hours/respond to calls to support 24/7 operation
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Utilize SAP for data entry.
- Servant leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Strong active listening and comprehension skills.
- Translate effort to results
- Ability to quickly make decisions and adapt to unplanned situations.
- Technical acumen, with strong problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
- OTHER PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience, specifically in building materials
- TPM (JIPM model preferably)
- Behavioral Based Safety Programs
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Diversity Awareness
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.