Savannah, Georgia, United States
Quality TechnicianJob ID 60474
Perform testing for products being produced and incoming raw materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and performs testing for UL inspector when necessary.
- Run all testing procedures in accordance with the specification and frequencies that are required.
- Enter all testing data into AQ system
- Enter required data on control charts
- Assist operations and maintenance in identifying and communicating any quality or process issues.
- Use data driven decisions to help the Technical, Operations and Maintenance department become more proactive rather than reactive.
- Learn and understand the Mat Break and POP software
- Assists with customer complaints
- Train operations employees on quality aesthetics and testing procedures.
- Train operations employees on how to read and understand the benefits of control charting.
- Monitor lab supplies and make a request for more when needed.
- Understand Nuclear Weight Gauge calibration process.
- Understand weight gage calibration process.
- Responsible for testing protocols and product collection during specified trials.
- Complete knowledge of raw material specifications
- Complete knowledge of all finished product specifications
- Records and maintains technical department daily log book.
- Troubleshooting and support for Granville personnel, Toledo personnel and other OC personnel
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and orderly at all times
- Uses safe work practices and reports any hazardous conditions or unsafe acts at all times
- Works with operations shift supervisor and maintenance technician to form shift NLT team
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed.
- Wears all PPE required
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area at all times
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Able to follow proper radio etiquette
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Able to use and read a tape measure
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log on to company computer system
- Check, create and reply to e-mail
- Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand continuously for up to 12 hours
- Ability to safely bend, twist, and squat
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Adapt to rotating shift work
- Pass pre-employment drug screening, background check, and health screen
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.