Savannah, Georgia, United States
Shift Technical Specialist - Quality ControlJob ID 54068
Perform testing for products being produced and incoming raw materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and performs testing for UL inspector when necessary.
- Run all testing procedures in accordance with the specification and frequencies that are required.
- Enter all testing data into AQ system
- Enter required data on control charts
- Assist operations and maintenance in identifying and communicating any quality or process issues.
- Use data driven decisions to help the Technical, Operations and Maintenance department become more proactive rather than reactive.
- Learn and understand the Mat Break and POP software
- Assists with customer complaints
- Train operations employees on quality aesthetics and testing procedures.
- Train operations employees on how to read and understand the benefits of control charting.
- Monitor lab supplies and make a request for more when needed.
- Understand Nuclear Weight Gauge calibration process.
- Understand weight gage calibration process.
- Responsible for testing protocols and product collection during specified trials.
- Complete knowledge of raw material specifications
- Complete knowledge of all finished product specifications
- Records and maintains technical department daily log book.
- Troubleshooting and support for Granville personnel, Toledo personnel and other OC personnel
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and orderly at all times
- Uses safe work practices and reports any hazardous conditions or unsafe acts at all times
- Works with operations shift supervisor and maintenance technician to form shift NLT team
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed.
- Wears all PPE required
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area at all times
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail
- Create, reply to e-mail
- Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Pass drug screen at prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.