Seattle, Washington, United States
Senior Area Sales Manager - SeattleJob ID 59988
Imagine you’ve just been hired into a sales role at an innovative Fortune 500 company that is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the industry. In this role, you get to work with a group of dynamic customers that go to work every day excited to sell the products that you provide. It’s more than just the products you’re representing and the Pink Panther™ swag you’re offering them – you’re there to help them profitably grow their business, overcome obstacles, and be a positive force in the community. What if you were not just a salesperson, but a trusted business advisor that solves problems and provides solutions?
If that sounds exciting to you, you’ve found the right role. And if putting your talent and energy toward this amazing opportunity interests you, we strongly encourage you to apply. Your customers will be building materails distribution and lumber companies, and contractors that are looking for a consultative partner. Industry experience is not required, as we will help you further develop the necessary product knowledge, application expertise and building science insights. With that support, you will be prepared to utilize your financial business acumen, and the ability to critically analyze market trends, that will help your customers (and you) succeed.
What your success looks like with Owens Corning
- Strategically leveraging customer relationships to execute your annual sales plan, while helping your customers achieve their success.
- Driving growth within the building materials industry; providing added value to OC and your customers.
- Executing price strategy and providing customer insights.
- Growing with existing customers while developing new customer opportunities.
- Utilizing the knowledge of your market’s strengths and weaknesses to win.
Skills and Expertise Necessary to Succeed
- Prior experience selling on the value of a product or service to meet the needs of a customer, from cold call through close
- Listening skills that allow you to understand, diagnose and solve customer problems
- Driving success in business with a clear and intentional customer or territory strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to make persuasive product presentations
- Conducts self with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Position must be located within the territory
- Position is home office based with the ability to travel overnight
- Ability to operate across geographic and cultural boundaries
The base salary range for this position is $85K- $110K, with the potential for up to an additional 10% if the applicant hired has additional related qualifications. We also offer a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and more.
We are a company filled with collaborative, innovative, caring, competitive, diverse and, committed individuals. Every person on the team brings a strength, and every team brings the connection and partnership that drives value for our customers. We hope you will join us!
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.