Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Building Material China Business Finance LeaderJob ID 53323
BM China Business finance leader provides financial leadership in the areas of financial planning and analysis. The Finance Leader ensures financial processes are well executed in BM China consistent with OC rules and best practices, using a continuous improvement approach to deliver quality, cost efficiency, and appropriate controls that support desired business outcomes. This role partners closely with BM China General Manager, region manufacturing finance team and region back office team in operating strategy development related to BM China. The position leads the Asia Pacific Building Material business consolidation, reporting and controlling of business financial activities and is responsible for performing the analyses and identifying actions necessary to achieve business objectives. This position reports to the AP Business Finance Leader with a strong dotted line to China Business General Manager.
- Business Planning
- Collaborate with Finance Peers and General Manager in developing actionable, accountable and resilient business strategic and operating plans.
- Apply external perspective and maintain intimate knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure the General Managers are effective in creating and executing the business’s strategy and operating plan.
- Tell the near and long-term story of the business to various audiences
- Drive the business from an external and internal perspective
- Continuously build an intimate knowledge of our businesses providing insightful analysis about our customers and external markets as critical input to decisions about the business and its operating strategy.
- Monitor the business’ competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers to collect and synthesize changes for strategy, plan and forecast modification.
- Develop a defined point of view about the business and help communicate the results and strategy of the business to internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a critical partner to the BM NLT in support of investment opportunities, strategic growth objectives and other functional initiatives.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain, delivery and own simplified financial forecast of the region that provides an accurate forecast of the business or segment Monitors the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Business Finance and region COE teams
- Continuously drives process improvement initiatives and leverages IT investments to minimize waste, maximize efficiency/accuracy, and create capacity for analytics and insights that support growth objectives
- Leads the management reporting process and produces the monthly finance reports including in-depth analysis on variances reconciling actual results compared to plan & forecast
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning for the Business.
- Communicate clearly and with impact.
- Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner to various audiences
- Translate the strategic and operational plans of the business into communications to a broad-based audience
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with GM and key business players
- Lead an effective financial controls environment.
- Establishes clear “tone at the top” related ethics and the law, and financial controls.
- Ensures the financial control infrastructure is effective, efficient and changes in response to the business requirements and developments in the external environment.
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning
- Maintains independence in view and assessment of the business control environment, and raises all issues of significant risk and non-compliance.
- Lead and develop Talent
- Is an effective member of BM China NLT leadership team, aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results.
- Is regarded by employees as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Participates on various committees and supports various initiatives within the finance function.
- Demonstrated leadership in global organizations with multiple channels and/or manufacturing operations
- Experience and leadership in strategic and operating planning processes inside of a Financial Planning and Analysis position
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
- Validating and ensuring effectiveness of control systems
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
- Leading change to enable rapid continuous improvement in a global organization
- Attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding talent and successors
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions
- Distill multiple points of view and inputs to form points of view and near and long-term actions
- Think strategically and set/execute strategic direction
- Knows and reads audiences, can tell the story of the business group to all levels of the organization
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages
- Bachelor’s degree with post-graduate education or certification preferred – MBA, CPA, etc.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Has a broad operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across cultures and environments
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning
- Owns misses and learns from failure and willing to change