Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Early Career Program - Composites BusinessJob ID 56148
Early Career Program – Composites Business (2021)
The Early Career Program at Owens Corning provide an opportunity for highly skilled and motivated candidates to participate in a dynamic learning experience while contributing to our company’s change agenda: Winning with Our Customers and Growing Our People. As a program participant you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.
The Early Career Program – Composites Business is designed to prepare commercial talent to serve as Sales Leaders in Owens Corning China Composites Business. The program duration is three years, with the time spent at Owens Corning China Commercial Team at different roles. During this time, participants will be mentored by seasoned sales leaders and will be challenged by the varied commercial and leadership opportunities found in different industries.
As the beginning of this program, you will take the Sales Engineer role and your development areas include:
- Business Acumen
- Consultative Selling
- Project Management
- Strategic thinking
In addition, the participant will be expected to develop the following competencies essential to being an effective Sales leader:
- Customer driven
- Analytics & data based decision making
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Inspirational leadership
At the conclusion of their training, the program graduate is placed in a full-time assignment as a Sales Manager at an Owens Corning Commercial team.
Starting Role: Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer provides leadership to explore and develop customers in the assigned field of composites business. He/she advises and reports the business and customers’ development to Sales Leader of Great China. This is a key position in the Sales Team, responsible for managing and delivering Sales strategy and activities in order to grow and improve business results.
The position directly reports to the Sales Leader of Thermoset.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Master degree or above in Composites related majors including material science, chemistry, etc.
- Basic understanding of Business Administration (knowledge of marketing, finance, technical and legal aspects of a business)
- In knowledge of industrial marketplace e.g. economic situation, customer requirements, technological developments
- Good at communicating and negotiating
- Having passion on the business
- Gets the whole customer thing – has a strong customer-focused inclination
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams – can synthesize data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to arrive at balanced solutions. Has a strong bias for action
- Takes business risks, grows from failures and celebrates success
- Intelligent and conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical
- Strong commercial acumen
- Aggressive to reach target
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others especially those who do not report directly in the business and other functions.
- Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent in the team
- Assessing the environment and successfully identifying opportunities and closing gaps to accelerate business performance
- Measuring and assessing performance including developing and implementing metrics and operating reporting
- Results Oriented - Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
Provide leadership in safe working practices, promoting safety awareness and performance for self and others in all areas of responsibility to achieve full compliance with site and company standards and guidelines
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes in the team to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Live the Safety Stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Draft a personal safety action plan and deliver on all commitments
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Safety metrics –first aids, near misses
- Knowing Our Customers
Lead by having an intimate business insight and knowledge of customers, their businesses, what is necessary for the customer to be successful, and the differential value that our current and future products, programs and deliver to the customers.
- Explore sales opportunities
- Analyze market, competition and customer situation to find the opportunity
- Make good use of company resources to provide solution to customers
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for both near and long-term which is realistic and will deliver the stated objectives
- Develop existing customers with new solution
- Promote developed products to potential customers
- Work independently and aggressively to reach the target
- Set up regional team at a proper timing and lead team to reach more achievements.
- Manage key accounts
- Develop comprehensive sales plans for key accounts
- Generate and develop relationships with various functional people in key accounts
- Create prospect list for sales opportunities in key accounts
- Qualify, follow up and close opportunities for key accounts
- Coordinate and communicate cross-regional information with global & regional sales team
- Recognized sales record in volume and GM
- Quantity of new customers developed
- Quantity of long term relationship customers
- Execute sales plan (budgeted volumes/commercial conditions) at key accounts
- Remain aggressive gross margin and improve customer satisfaction rate
- Directing Operations
- Quotation handling
- Ensure proper Supply Agreements are in place for businesses
- Customer Master data gathering,
- Enable the Perfect Order process,
- Support Finance in solid credit management,
- After sales
- Manage proper complaint handling follow up,
- Customer satisfaction measurement,
- Manage and assess the distributors operating in designated area
- Steer after sales customer service activities
- Effective agreement/contract/order acceptable by company and customer
- Control of over-due receivable
- Solution to customer complaint
- Customer satisfaction