Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Sr Sales LeadJob ID 53958
This incumbent is expected to create and deploy a solid strategy in sales and new market development for the Industrial Fiberglass Business, driven by a thorough understanding of markets, products, customers, and competitors that delivers business objectives.
This is a new position in Owens Corning Building Materials China that requires solid business background and leadership skills. This role is expected to contribute to the company short term and mid-term strategic direction and act as a role model to deliver company values, meanwhile would be a candidate of sales leader.
The position reports to the Business Development Commercial Leader, BM China
- Knowing Our Customers
The BD manager will lead by having an intimate business insight and knowledge of business segment customers, their businesses, what is necessary for the customer to be successful, and the differential value that our current and future products, programs and processes deliver to the customer. He/She will hold them accountable for building a deep understanding of the industry, markets and an intimate professional/business understanding of the customers’ needs. This position also leverages all key functions in OC to strengthen the brand including market intelligence, innovation and product management.
- Frequency and quality of customer visits/interactions
- Achievement of customer action plans, inspired through the Customer Discovery process and beyond
- Sales revenue from new and existing products
- Share Gain
- Interaction / participation on China teams / strategy
- Development of Strategy
The BD manager need to work with the Commercial Leader to develop sales, business development and technical services strategy that will ensure the profitable growth and success of our customers and Owens Corning. This position analyzes and defines the actions to achieve business goals in the short and mid -term.
An environmental analysis that includes:
- Customer and market needs
- Market and industry trends
- The un-met needs of customers and the market as identified by the organization and the resultant opportunity for the business segment, business group and Owens Corning.
- An analysis of the competition which identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses (understanding of why the customer is buying from the competition).
- An analysis of external and execution risks and their potential impact on business segment results and the definition of a mitigation plan which addresses the risks with identified actions.
- Market share goal
- Revenue growth goal
- Executing Strategy
- The BD manager is responsible to drive the sales, technical services and customer service organizations’ accountability through performance management and commitment to commercial coaching and development of every team member.
- Emphasizes continually, commercial productivity and managing the business by the numbers.
- Organizes and inspires the commercial organization and other broader business teams which interact with sales and customer service to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals.
- Attracts, develops and retains the best commercial and business talent.
- Demonstrates ability to design selling programs, with an outside-in perspective, to drive Owens Corning and customer profitability.
- Works with the Commercial Leader to ensure all selling initiatives and strategy areexecutedcost effective and lead the sales organization around managing costs to plan.
- Propose business development initiatives (acquisitions, external partnerships) to accelerate plan achievement.
- Revenue growth
- Market share and expectations
- On time delivery to request
- On time delivery to promise
- Order accuracy
- Leading the Company
- Creates teamwork across the commercial functions and the business segment(s) to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people.
- Is regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Develops relationships with key industry associations and manufacturers to advance the use of our products in new applications and building practices.
- Feedback from Commercial Leader, GM, customers, peers
- Cash management and cost containment leadership
- Waste elimination across organizational boundaries
- At least 5 years working experience, preferably with a multinational company, in the building materials/construction/petrol-chemical industry.
- Business degree or equivalent.
- Extensive sales and BD experience in China, with solid sales achievements.
- Proven track record in implementing successful strategic programs to generate sales and develop new businesses.
- Strong leadership, team building/management and motivational skills; ability to work well with others.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment—a creative thinker.
- Good business sense with assertive yet deferential personality; personal integrity and sensitivity to diverse cultures are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Mandarin;
- Be adaptable for business travel frequently
Competencies, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Leading Through Vision and Values
- Customer Focus
- Building Trust / Operating with Integrity
- Driving for Results
- Facilitate Change
- Applied Business Knowledge
- Enrolling & Influencing Others