Springfield, Tennessee, United States
1st & 2nd Shift Forklift/Material HandlersJob ID 57648
Is a “certified” and competent forklift truck operator. Loads/unloads trailers and moves materials within the plant area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes daily forklift checklist, including blowing the radiator free of “lint” and immediately reports defects to supervisor(s) and/or maintenance department.
- Follows plant and safety rules, as well as forklift truck safety rules, paying particular attention to speed and safe operation of the forklift truck.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Works in a team environment.
- Aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the department clean, tidy and safe.
- Reports any unsafe act, condition, accident or injury immediately to supervisor(s).
- Understands and follows the lock-out procedure.
- Unloads materials from trailers and organizes them in the work area and loads finished goods onto trailers.
- Prepare bill of lading (BOL).
- Determines method of shipment.
- Ship and receive goods.
- Compares quantities and identification numbers of goods against orders to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares shipments prior to loading on trailers.
- Verifies receipt of shipments against bills of lading, invoices or other documents.
- Keeps pertinent records.
- Moves materials, parts, skids, totes, finished goods, etc. within the plant area.
- Dumps garbage bins and other garbage in appropriate containers when required.
- May assist maintenance, die makers and operators in moving heavy dies or equipment.
- Follows directives from supervisor(s).
- Liaises with production and the customer service department to verify shipping dates, quantities etc.
- Attends training, seminars and meetings as requested by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and procedure instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with management, supervisors and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations, where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift operating license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, controls etc.; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand or bend. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and/or more heavy loads with a pump truck or forklift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles; and occasionally works with fiberglass insulation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.