PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Team Lead position is an hourly position, and reports to the Plant Leader. The employee performs work in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating parts and tools. The employee will also be responsible for acquiring and maintaining spare parts. This position will schedule and direct the activities of the Maintenance Techs and janitor.
REPORTS TO: Technical Leader
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment as required.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic issues.
- Ability to service manufacturing and test equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits modules, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand ladder logic of programmable controllers.
- Ability to read and understand pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to weld using wire and stick welding, use of plasma cutter.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge of electronics and ability to troubleshoot PLC desired.
- Completes work in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
- Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts and spare part inventory system.
- Modifies programming of robots and related equipment such as robot controllers and programmable controllers.
- Fabricate and /or modifies equipment as required using machine tools, hand tools and electronic components.
- Maintains and ensures completion of preventive maintenance tasks.
- Others duties may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and pass drug screen and employment physical
- Two year maintenance vocational training certificate or in process of completion.
- Must have at least 5 year maintenance experience in a manufacturing background
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and procedure instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with employees, co-workers, and management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage, as well as the ability to interpret graphs.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- This position involves working with fiberglass insulation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. This position involves working with fiberglass insulation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Follow all safety rules of the facility
- Wear all proper PPE
- Inform plant of any safety concerns
- Ensure all safety work orders and observations are addressed.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.