Springfield, Illinois, United States
Area Sales Manager - ChicagoJob ID 54345
The Owens Corning Technical Insulation sales organization is seeking an Area Sales Manager (ASM) to support our East Region Mechanical Insulation business. This position is accountable to drive profitable sales growth for our customers and Owens Corning by providing customer inspired solutions while implementing our mechanical sales strategy.
The ASM must establish and maintain existing relationships with customers in the territory and develop new customer relationships to meet our growth agenda. The ideal candidate will understand channel pull-through sales tactics focused on mechanical insulation contractors, mechanical engineers, and other influencers in support of distributors selling the Owens Corning mechanical insulation portfolio.
Mechanical/HVAC insulation product knowledge, application, building science, financial business acumen and the ability to develop industry/market knowledge and opportunity analyses are critical to help our customers be successful.
The preferred (but not required) home office will be based in Chicago IL with the ability to travel 60% within key geographies.
Reports to: Regional Sales Leader
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Knowing Our Customers (Driving Business Growth through deep customer knowledge and market understanding)
- Continuously builds intimate insight and knowledge of the mechanical/HVAC insulation market and influencers that include: distributors, contractors, engineers, trade support within the territory.
- Create a strategy to grow sales by understanding the customer’s business, channel influencers and what is necessary for the customer to be successful.
- Utilize cross functional resources to create differential value and articulate a value proposition that leverages marketing tools, product portfolio, construction data and relationships to grow your region.
- Understand commercial construction starts, track projects by city and region in support of product placement during bid, design and award phase.
Developing Sales Territory Strategy
- Develop sales and marketing strategies that will ensure the profitable growth and success of Owens Corning and our customers.
- Complete a territory analysis that includes: economic impacts, market trends, competitor intelligence and strategies, clear needs of the customer and the customer’s strategy.
- Know your competitive landscape and how to leverage that knowledge to win with your customers.
Execution – Delivering Results
- The ASM will be a strong implementer of the division strategy for each of the products and solutions they represent and drive actions toward meeting their sales and margin goals.
- The ASM must be a well-organized, self-starter with high work standards. These attributes will be key to achieving defined sales revenue and gross margin objectives while managing OC product placement and customer share.
- The ASM will execute customer strategies, share results with others, conduct meaningful customer discovery interviews, to ensure we are delivering on what each customer values most.
- Measure success through the active utilization of CRM to track your sales activities leading to tangible results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- At least 5 years of channel sales experience; highly preferred in commercial building materials sales (Insulation, Metals, Adhesives, Valves, Fittings, HVAC, Industrial, Marine).
- Knowledge of commercial specifications and knowledge of pricing dynamics in a channel sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships with direct and indirect influencers.
- Familiar with construction practices and how to sell within the mechanical insulation segment.
- Ability to market, educate and sell existing and new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Commercial building construction process experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of market dynamics including channels, customers, and competitive landscape.
- Experience in the building materials industry and a strong building science knowledge is preferred.
- Understands the impact of codes and public policy on demand.
- Has deep drive and experience with achieving exceptional results.
- Demonstrated experience driving and developing business for future growth.
- Identify and appropriately manages key accounts.
- Experience making persuasive product presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Strong organization and deadline management skills
- Works well cross functionally (i.e. marketing, sales, R&D)
- Applies continuous improvement to the sales process to improve business execution and results
- Demonstrated dependable ability to prioritize, follow-up and execute against multiple opportunities
- Demonstrates leadership within teams
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.