Starr, South Carolina, United States
Electrical Controls EngineerJob ID 54608
The Electrical Controls Engineer contributes to the success of the plant by providing controls, network, and automation support for the plant. Electrical Controls Engineer will also lead related capital projects for the site, achieving stated results on time and within budget. In addition, this position will help lead TPM continuous improvement efforts through the support of multiple pillars.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
- Provide electrical, controls and automation support to Automation projects, plant process, packaging and utility operations
- Support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in system and equipment troubleshooting and in technology transfer
- Assist Corporate Engineering and Plant engineering with Automation projects
- Lead assigned capital projects for the Starr facility
- Provide technical support to all operating and maintenance departments to help trouble shoot and diagnose issues related to PLC and HMI programs.
- Train maintenance technicians and operators on new technology to allow proper maintenance and trouble shooting
- Enhance maintenance processes through equipment and systems analysis to identify opportunities for equipment or process modification, equipment replacement, or application of new technology
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives involving waste minimization, productivity improvements and other process optimization opportunities through an active partnership with the site’s maintenance and operation teams
- Support Break Down Analysis process and create One Point Lessons to support knowledge transfer
- Develop, implement and monitor automation and control strategies and system architecture for the facility. To review designs by others, and to ensure adherence to strategies and Owens Corning specifications
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, regulations, procedures, training, and initiatives
- Support and adhere to Reliability Work Process (RWP).
- Support and lead Plant TPM Initiatives and Projects
- Ensure adherence to management of change process.
- Strong safety awareness, commitment, and safety leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training, knowledge, and experience
- Automation and controls engineering experience in a plant, corporate engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical and Controls Design Engineering experience
- Project scheduling skills
- General knowledge of TPM and maintenance processes
- Strong knowledge of control systems and design
- Strong knowledge of PLC based controls and HMI applications with emphasis on Allen-Bradley including PLC programming proficiency
- Knowledge of practical application of OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI standards
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- AC and DC motor and drive systems, Siemens and Allen-Bradley
- Leadership (effectively present information/respond to customers)
- Values (integrity, accountability, candor and innovation)
- Communicator (explainer, good listener)
- Strategist (well organized, prioritizes)
- Developer of talent (mentor, coach, guide)
- Equipment evaluation and selection experience
- Knowledgeable in process controls and facility electrical distribution
- Past Leadership responsibility
- Data Historian experience (Ignition and/or IP21 platforms)
- Upgrading legacy control systems (PLC’s and HMI’s) to current technologies
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.