Summit, Illinois, United States
Maintenance Spec 1C A ProbJob ID 54474
Location: Summit, Illinois - United States
Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs any plant mechanical, structural, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment according to accepted codes and safety standards. Position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions to the fullest extent when working without direct supervision. Position will be able to demonstrate skills in power transmission, air systems, piping, hydraulics, pumps, troubleshooting components welding, alignment procedures, rigging and millwright work, motor controls, electrical symbols and theory in the above skill levels.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Leader, Planner/Scheduler and shift leaders on jobs to be performed.
- Performs PM’s as they are scheduled
- Reports all equipment concerns to their leaders
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safety and efficiently
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Wear all safety equipment necessary for the job and follow all plant safety rules and regulations, including the machinery lockout procedure.
- Follow the scheduled jobs unless given approval to deviate from the schedule.
- Clean up immediately after a job is completed and maintain a quality house-cleaning program.
- Attend schools, seminars, etc. to enhance skills in the various crafts including mechanical, electrical, PLC, machining and welding.
- Keep the parts and tool rooms organized and cleaned.
- Work with other employees in a team like manner.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Operate equipment only when you are trained in its use or are working with or under the direction of a qualified employee, and you are authorized to do so by your supervisor
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Posses skills in the machining and / or electrical field
- Overall record: Performance, attendance, etc. will be considered
- Write and speak English
- Able to work second or third shift as scheduled
- Ability to attend mandatory training classes on own time to stay current with equipment changes and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate Globalink to access Talent Center for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish required online training routinely
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee must have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Two (2) years experience in the mechanical field is preferred in an industrial or manufacturing environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/Drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
- Exposure to noise
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 - 120 days of employment at Owens Corning Summit Roofing & Asphalt are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
The Summit Plant is a 100% tobacco-free site.
Choice of 3 healthcare benefit plans, including an HMO
Wellness programs and incentive credits
Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
Company paid disability insurance
401k with excellent company match
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid vacation after 1 year
Employee & dependent scholarships
Employee Assistance Program
Signing bonus available for maintenance trades!
All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work and professional reference check, a criminal background check, and a medical pre-placement assessment. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable. Candidate may be required to provide proof of completion and to test for skills/knowledge.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.