Summit, Illinois, United States
Plant LeaderJob ID 54597
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Summit Asphalt Plant Leader is primarily responsible and accountable for making decisions that affect employee health & safety, employee relations, employee growth & development, facility profitability, quality of products, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, and local/regional community relationships.
This position is directly responsible for the supervision of production and maintenance employees while creating and supporting total quality, total safety, and a total productive maintenance and reliability culture.
Living the Safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities
- Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment, and builds a culture where safety is the number one priority.
- Success will be measured by the Leader's ability to achieve operational excellence in safety, customer service, quality, cost control, diversity, engagement, and regulatory compliance
- Recommend corrective actions to make the workplace safer
- Provide appropriate resources to ensure the incident-free operation of the plant
- Set a positive and consistent example for others
- Leads the investigation of safety incidents and leads root cause analysis to drive for permanent resolution.
- Reports and investigates injuries, first aids and near misses.
- Hold others accountable for working safely
Goal Setting and Achievement
- Align with the Roofing and Asphalt business goals
- Develop and achieve these goals at the plant level
Create a Successful Work Environment
- Ensure the plant is always in a clean, customer tour-ready state
- Develop and own a plan that identifies hazards, including housekeeping issues, and resolves them
- Demonstrate commitment for building an exceptional workplace environment that nurtures open communications, employee engagement, and diversity
- Ensure the safe manufacture of product that is delivered to the customer on-time, and at specifications
- Take appropriate corrective action and works with employees to investigate/resolve quality, reliability, and process related issues
- Complete transactions SAP and SAP-PM to include but not limited to: requisitions, notifications, material movements, and production orders
- Drives the implementation of TPM throughout the site.
- Actively manage the continued training, development and growth of all personnel
- Institute a culture of data-driven decision making, Six Sigma, 5S and Lean Manufacturing
- Set clear expectations of performance. Establish, communicate and regularly review commitments to ensure that milestones are achieved as planned
- Maintain essential maintenance records and files from which he/she generates accurate and meaningful management reports
- Communicate well with: Customers, other Plant Leaders in the network, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Commercial Teams, and leadership.
- Be the voice of the Plant to the Customers and the Company
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree – major in Engineering or Business required
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training – preferable in plant production, maintenancene leadership, or asphalt manufacturing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong people leadership skills –proven track record required
- Lean, and Six Sigma training preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (SAP, Word, Excel, etc)
- Knowledge of all safe work procedures
- Knowledge of Asphalt Quality and Equipment standards
- Self-Starter, motivated, and goal-oriented
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.