Tallmadge, Ohio, United States
Warehouse TechnicianJob ID 53915
The Warehouse Technician is an hourly position, reporting to the Warehouse Group Leader. The Warehouse Technician is accountable for loading, shipping and stocking that coordinates with designated shipping schedules, warehouse inventory management, and all activities necessary to inventory and ship a product.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and Comply with established warehouse and shipping processes.
- Prepares shipments associated with customer orders
- Accurately stages shipments
- Comply with inventory management, including but not limited to individual pallet tracking, cycle counts, rework, and customer returns.
- Work with other departments involved in activities relating to customer returns, product integrity, and production of finished goods.
- Ensure that finished goods are stored, prepared, and shipped according to designated schedules.
- Requisition material into and out of the warehouse.
- Perform SAP related duties. Pallet reconciliation, production order control and any other related issues as directed.
- Identify quality and/or damage concerns and takes proper actions to prevent recurrence.
- Use tools, machinery and equipment in the course of performing daily job responsibilities
- Maintain performance level according to targets.
- Perform job tasks in a manor to reduce adverse impact to the environment and adhere to environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal and all chemical usage and waste.
- Perform cleanup duties (including, but not limited to, equipment areas, workstations, etc.)
- Participate in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations, and JHA requirements.
- Perform all and other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer and have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- SAP experience a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Mimimum high school diploma or GED
- 12 months tow motor/forklift experience
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.