Tiffin, Ohio, United States
Production Supervisor - Tiffin PlantJob ID 53634
Job Description: This Production Supervisor position reports to the Plant Leader and is responsible for Plant primary employees with the exception of the Quality and maintenance teams. The Production Supervisoroversees productivity improvements, meeting customer’s quality and delivery requirements.The Production Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring that all safety and environmental systems are being adhered to. Responsibilities include: Obtain/train/ schedule a safe and productive work force; ensures production schedules are attained, labor efficiencies goals are met, labor reports are generated/reviewed & feedback/accountability provided.
Shift: 3rd Shift, Sunday-Thursday
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Takes immediate corrective action when safety hazards are identified.
- Ensures that an “Incident, Injury, and Illness Report” is completed for all accidents and near misses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs root cause analysis on all safety incidents and works with the maintenance personnel to ensure that necessary corrective actions are implemented immediately.
- Verifies that 5s/TPM is adhered to in all areas of the plant and preproduction checklist are performed for each shift. Ensures that hourly employees are held accountable for improving areas identified as unacceptable.
- Ensures that safety work orders and observations are addressed timely and thoroughly.
- Supports plant Environmental Management System requirements and certification/re-certifications as directed. Responsible for the compliance of all Federal and state regulations.
- Ensures that all operators are properly trained and documented in accordance with Plant safety procedures, OC and OSHA standards.
- Coordinates quality training for all hourly production employees including proper procedures and documentation.
- Ensures that all ISO9001 procedures are being followed by production associates and that any gaps in documentation or training are brought to the attention of the Quality Team for resolution.
- Completes all customer orders for finished goods on time and within agreed upon quality specifications.
- Coordinates and directs production associates and shift leadership; communicates critical information via Shift meeting and written communications daily.
- Clearly defines expectations of all employees in writing at the beginning of the year and updates as appropriate.
- Ensures that all hourly personnel receive written performance evaluations twice a year, with one tied to merit increases.
- Recognizes and disciplines employees as per Company policy.
- Communicates problems with production employee attendance and/or performance to Plant Leader, plant HR Professional in a timely manner (and corporate HR as necessary).
- Implement measures to improve material usage efficiency such as trim waste reduction, pallet reuse, and material recycling to maintain plant scrap and recycle goals.
- Provides direction for maintenance group and prioritizes maintenance work.
- Understands weekly and monthly Profit and Loss statements. Takes appropriate actions based on P&L data.
- Collects information on Material and Labor efficiency for each shift and ensures that processes are operating in-control, capable and within budget. Communicates information to Quality Leader for tracking and analysis.
- Ensures that production personnel complete material usage and labor reports accurately and that required information is provided for confirmation of production through MAPICS.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve capacity utilization and manufacturing productivity (ie. cycles per shift, headcount/labor reductions, cycle time optimization, process flow analysis).
- Achieves Plant cost reduction goals identified through yearly Productivity Improvement Programs (PIP) process.
- Reviews open order and finished goods inventory reports daily; develops and communicates an accurate production schedule daily to production personnel.
- Provides input into monthly Plant manufacturing capacity and staffing analysis and makes recommendations regarding appropriate shift configurations.
- Supports the development of new Bills-of-material (BOM’s) and provides information to maintain BOM’s for existing part numbers, with the Logistics Specialist and or Technical Leader.
- Maintains and verifies labor routings on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Logistics Specialist and Regional Buyer/Planner to develop and implement plan for the disposition of “Slow Moving and/or Obsolete Inventory”.
- Prepares weekly and monthly Plant reports regarding manufacturing performance vs. standard and goals.
- Maintains MRO spending in accordance to the Annual Business Plan.
- Coordinates and leads capital acquisition projects.
- Attends and actively participates in scheduled meetings.
- Follow OC safety and environmental guidelines as they apply to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Baseline mechanical and electrical skills, ISO, OSHA and EPA familiarity.
- Strong analytical, team building and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication,
- Proven leadership skills
- Associate degree required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Six Sigma &/or Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.