Toledo, Ohio, United States
Finance and Accounting Intern 2020Job ID 53446
Finance & Accounting Intern
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole. As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to achieve results while constantly striving for improvement.
Intern opportunities require the individual to demonstrate competence in the fields of Finance or Accounting, maintain a business perspective, be customer focused, communicate with impact and be committed to self-development. Numerous intern assignments are available in areas of Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Business Unit Finance, and Financial Planning and Analysis. Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable financial, accounting and business knowledge and SAP experience while getting involved in projects that aid in enhancing their technical and analytical skills. Finance Interns are the primary source of candidates for Owens Corning’s Finance & Accounting Leadership Program, a three-year rotational development program.
- Demonstrated campus and/or workplace leadership capabilities
- Strong analytical skillset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and partnership capabilities
- Ability to plan, organize, with strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient use of MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint) suite
- Junior majoring in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Subsidized housing
- Competitive compensation
- "Lunch with the Leader" forums
- Tours of a plant facility
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events (Cedar Point, Toledo MudHens baseball games, etc.)
- Potential for full-time employment
- Nationally recognized internship program (Vault.com)
Location of Assignment: World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
Finance & Accounting at Owens Corning:
The Finance & Accounting organization at Owens Corning has been publicly recognized by many business and management publications, including CFO Magazine and Forbes, as a world-class corporate financial organization. All members of our finance & accounting team work as partners with the other functions within the organization to achieve our operating and strategic goals.
About Owens Corning:
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.