Toledo, Ohio, United States
HANA Solution ArchitectJob ID 54528
The HANA Solution Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership and expertise in the best use of Business Warehouse (BW) HANA and native HANA to design efficient, flexible and scalable analytics solutions. The HANA Solutions Architect will understand the business needs and processes to design solutions that fulfill the business requirements. This position is accountable for ensuring that the application and integration of such technology is done in a manner consistent with the Owens Corning enterprise architecture and IS standards. This position is responsible for collaborating with and educating others across the organization on BI/analytics systems and supporting technology to build cutting edge analytics solutions.
The HANA Solutions Architect has a high degree of curiosity for technology, maintains market awareness, and is networked into the BI and analytics peer industry domain. The HANA Solutions Architect is accountable for keeping up to date on new and emerging developments in HANA solutions. The HANA Solutions Architect will identify opportunities to integrate new technology with the current environment to address business opportunities.
The HANA Solution Architect will perform hands-on development activities, in addition to design, leading other developers during critical project and enhancement phases.
Reports to: Reports to GIS Analytics COE – Team Leader
Leads and guides functional and technical teams in solution design, development and testing methods to maintain highest standards of quality, reliability, flexibility and scalability of analytic solutions.
- Provide technical architecture design, consulting and implementation leadership for Business intelligence projects.
- Drive design decisions to best leverage the platform and tools.
- Establish and enforce the highest technical standards for all development teams to adhere to.
Owns the development and ongoing sustainment of the 1 to 3 year IT Roadmap for the HANA platform.
- Ensure the technology that is being delivered is contemporary and aligned with the 1 to 3 year IT Roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Lead BI architect as well as other IS leaders in the development and ongoing sustainment of the 1 to 3 year IT Roadmap for the Owens Corning technology environment.
Innovate, prove out and recommend integration of new technologies that further builds analytic capabilities to meet business needs and overall Owens Corning business strategy.
- Design and drive the implementation of seamless and efficient analytics solutions with the right technology at the right time and at the right cost.
- Ensure the support and sustainability of all technology solutions is engineered in the design stage.
- Work with businesses leaders, process leaders, and project teams to identify and define integration opportunities for the appropriate technologies.
Lead architecture, planning and execution of technical solution development.
- Consult with project planners to develop statements of work for proposed solutions including estimates that address assumptions, resources, integration points and risks for the customer and sales enterprise areas.
- Take a leadership role in applying the appropriate technology to the opportunity.
- Manage external providers of development capacity when technical architecture is in scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering or related fields is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 (or more) years of experience within Information Technology industry.
- At least 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in development, architecture and solutions delivery in the Business Intelligence and HANA domain. This experience to include performing architecture and design of various SAP BI applications in the areas of SD, MM, FI, PM, COPA and leading applications development and reporting.
- Implementing HANA solutions on a global scale and sustaining, improving and growing their use.
- Strong hands on experience in BW Powered by HANA or BW/4HANA Development.
- Reporting skills using tools like SAP Business objects WEBI, Analysis & Microsoft Power BI will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Experience in replicating complicated B-ex scenarios in HANA views like currency/unit translation, exception aggregation, calculated/restricted key figures, customer exist codes etc.
- Experience in working with native HANA development objects like calculation views, Functions, Analytics privileges, Stored Procedures and troubleshooting HANA out of memory issues.
- Experience in native HANA ETL tools like SDA, SDI & SLT.
- Experience in SAP ECC modules, data integration and ABAP development are a plus.
- Experience using self-knowledge while displaying a sense of curiosity. Shares knowledge and teach others.
- People leadership – Ability to influence stakeholders, including the ability to align objectives across functional lines and organizational boundaries.
- Consultative skills – Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners to assess needs, propose solutions and achieve business benefits. Ability to translate between technical analytics and business language.
- Global execution – Ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures, achieving business results through effective leveraging of multi-national resources.
- Change management – Must demonstrate the ability to identify the need for, lead and create sustainable change across a large scale global organization.
- Communication – Convey relevant information clearly with confidence. Understanding others through active listening.
- Architecture direction – Ability to research and identify emerging technologies that will positively impact the future of the organization, increase cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility, and enable us to meet our business goals. Working knowledge of architecture lifecycle development methodologies, data and information architecture and business process modeling. #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.