Toledo, Ohio, United States
Internal Audit ManagerJob ID 59260
Remote Opportunity from the Chicago or Toledo/Detroit area
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Owens Corning Corporate Audit Services takes a unique approach by partnering with the business to perform compliance and process audits, acquisition integration, and risk management in order to deliver value to the organization.
Our structured talent model prepares individuals for promotional or rotational leadership roles in the company. The audit team is known as a pipeline for internal talent, developing future leaders by creating opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with diverse teams throughout the organization and given exposure to senior leadership.
Owens Corning recognizes the importance of work/life balance, this position requires an average of 15% travel.
The Internal Audit Manager will provide leadership and direction to research a wide variety of business scenarios, perform root cause analysis, and create the compelling case for change to improve operational processes and deliver business value. Assignments are balanced between leading audits of the Company’s domestic manufacturing operations and supporting operational assessments.
Reports to: Internal Audit, Senior Manager
Span of Control: The Internal Audit Manager leads teams of 3-6 people, composed of staff, rotational program participants, guest auditors, and co-source partners, for manufacturing operations audits.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies and proliferate safety leadership.
- Adhere to well-defined audit protocols including, scoping and sample selection methodology, documentation and reporting standards.
- Influence and manage stakeholder’s expectations while maintaining independent view.
- Provide value added business consulting and analytical support utilizing Business Information (BI) tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff to ensure high quality audit and project work that meets established objectives is delivered on time.
- Be accountable for outcomes, delivering quality audit and project work with high standards of performance.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating thoughts effectively.
- Display a thirst for learning and a positive attitude in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and high energy through process excellence, teamwork and positivity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Owens Corning business and internal control standards, policies and procedures, and other laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance, accounting or related business area)
- 6+ years combined audit and business or finance experience.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (both domestic and international)
- A combination of public accounting and corporate experience, leading teams and/or large projects, is ideal.
- Experience with a manufacturing company preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CMA preferred
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to coach and deliver results through others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.