Toledo, Ohio, United States
Internal Communications LeadJob ID 54440
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Internal Communications Lead executes communication strategies for key priorities and initiatives within Owens Corning’s finance and legal functions to engage employees, communicate goals and milestones, and enhance leader connection, impact, and reputation. In addition, this role will support other communication initiatives by effectively developing messaging, and protecting and enhancing the OC brand.
Join an organization that believes every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500® for 65 consecutive years. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make a material difference in the world flows through all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within all employees, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope – human in scale.
Reports to: Director, Corporate Functions
Span of Control: No direct reports
Implement and execute the communication strategy of the Owens Corning’s finance and legal functions, and provide counsel, partnership and support to leaders.
- Implement and execute communication strategy for the leaders of the company’s finance and legal functions. Partner with these leaders and their leadership teams to effectively articulate our key growth strategies and business goals, and to ensure that employees understand how they connect and contribute – both individually and as a team – to the growth and success of the company.
- Work in concert with regional Insulation communications colleagues to effectively deliver integrated and unified communications voice and messaging across the global enterprise.
- Align strategies, tactics, and messages with the business and corporate communications teams, as well as the over-arching Corporate Affairs strategy.
- Support overall finance and legal communication strategies through flawless execution, consistent messaging, and effective technologies.
Provide communication counsel and expertise to specific leaders, enhancing Owens Corning leader reputation among employees.
- Assist specific leaders in developing and executing key communications including town halls, newsletters, internal announcements, and other internal communication deliverables associated with strategic initiatives. Develop key messaging and ensure consistency among leadership team.
- Provide coaching on communication strategy, presentation development, delivery skills and written communications to specific leaders.
Develop and implement communication strategy, and provide counsel, partnership and support to leaders to achieve defined objectives for enterprise-wide company initiatives.
- Develop, implement and execute communication strategy for large-scale, enterprise-wide company initiatives with global reach.
- Partner with initiative leaders and cross-functional teams to effectively articulate key growth strategies and initiative goals, and to ensure that employees understand how they connect and contribute – both individually and as a team – to the growth and success of the company.
- Work in concert with regional and functional communications colleagues to effectively deliver integrated and unified communications voice and messaging across the global enterprise.
- Align strategies, tactics, and messages with the business and corporate communications teams, as well as the over-arching Corporate Affairs strategy. Coordinate the communication plan execution by tracking timelines, deliverables and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, media or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role
- Strategic communication and execution for internal audiences
- Demonstrated aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans, delivering flawless project execution and a commitment to deadlines for high-priority communication initiatives while building and cultivating cross-business and cross-functional alliances with global partners.
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce content for multiple audiences and stakeholders in a variety of mediums
- Functional communications experience, especially in support of Finance and Legal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- In approaching the job, must manage oneself as a strategic business partner.
- Proven record of achieving organizational objectives by developing communications that connect with resonance and clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to drive work forward while prioritizing and effectively managing multiple initiatives, multiple constituencies, and diverse personalities under strict deadlines. A sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Creative and analytical mind with the ability to think strategically and see the overall picture, even when working on just a portion of it.
- Strong ability to build relationships and influence business partners in their decision-making and to shape solutions by helping partners articulate the desired outcomes.
- Ability to interface and work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization – from the shop floor to senior company leaders – and across geography and culturally-diverse regions.
- Must bring rigorous business orientation to the communication function – must present ideas and challenge status quo in a data-driven, fact-based manner to executive teams.
- Effectively achieves business results working across and with multi-national teams – understands, communicates with, and effectively interacts with people across cultures. Is aware of one's own cultural worldview; one's attitude towards cultural differences; one's knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and skills to interact effectively.#LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.